MLB 2012 Season

Top of the 2nd in Detroit and the first 3 Texas batters have smacked hits. 9-0. At what point do they pull the pitcher? Or maybe they leave him to spare the bullpen?

Edit They yanked Porcello after the last batter. Gonna be a long day for the Detroit bullpen

Hoping Verlander can shut up the Texas bats tonight. Gonna be cold here. Probably in the 40s.

Coda: After last fall and the first two games of this series, I'm starting to develop quite an aversion to the Rangers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm looking into analyzing the published mlb salaries for this year by team. i've this crazy idea that those with the highest median salaries should be the best teams.

my idea of the best managed team salary wise would be the highest percentage of median salary divided by the sums.

i use salary here as a very rough indicator of skill and performance.

Coda: After last fall and the first two games of this series, I'm starting to develop quite an aversion to the Rangers.

It's only April. Nothing's even really started yet,, especially at Comerica, where weird stuff always seems to happen to us (that was where Hamilton broke his collarbone last year, and another spectacular start suddenly slammed to an unceremoniously hard stop). Same thing with Target Field in Minneapolis.

The fact that the first early series in both parks this early season have gone as they have does not lessen the shadows of the past one feels looking over the shoulders of the current season.

Rainout last night forcing Scott Feldman into a spot start against the Yankees next week (not bad in and of itself, but there's a reason why he's not in the rotation...), Beltre's hamstring tweak today...plenty of baseball left, and plenty of time for the old curses to return.

Cold damp weather and the Rangers....I don't like it, no sir, I don't.

Good thing Dan has sworn off the Red Sox. After Boston went up 9-0 in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Yankees have scored 12 runs and now lead by three in the top of the eighth. Yikes!

UPDATE: Final score: Yanks 15, Sox 9.

I'd have sworn I heard the fat lady singing after the fifth inning, but it must've been my imagination.

Edited by Dave James

1335049586' post='1190505']

1335047426' post='1190497']

Perfect game in Chicago (on the South Side). Pitcher appeared to get bailed out a bit on the last pitch of the game.

I hate to admit this, but I've never heard of Phillip Humber. Needless to say, I have now. The 21st perfect game in MLB history. Nice.

I think Humber was a Mets farmhand years ago.

1335050172' post='1190509']

Good thing Dan has sworn off the Red Sox. After Boston went up 9-0 in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Yankees have scored 12 runs and now lead by three in the top of the eighth. Yikes!

I'd have sworn I heard the fat lady singing after the fifth inning, but it must've been my imagination.

That was an amazing game. Has to be one of the greatest comebacks forever. Bobby said after the game they had hit rock bottom.

Yankees suck.

That was for you, Dan ^_^

Edited by GoodSpeak

Rangers lose only their third game of the year. Not too disappointed, given that Feliz went the distance for the Rangers in the cold weather. I realize it's early, but it's been fun so far!

BTW, that Chicago perfect game happened in Seattle. Anyone know what Byrd was griping about after the game? I saw him arguing with the manager during the celebration.

Rangers lose only their third game of the year. Not too disappointed, given that Feliz went the distance for the Rangers in the cold weather.

Absolutely, and considering that if not for his two-out loss-of-it that led to the Tigers' only runs of the game we might well still be playing ball, cause for satisfaction, if you can ever look at a loss with satisfaction, and I think sometimes you can. He got out of it & kept the team in the game. Can't win 'em all!

The "one bad inning" syndrome, geez, that's frustrating seeing with a young starter. Last season, remember, Holland & Harrison were always dealing with it, and this year, so far, the seem to have grown out of it. I suspect that Feliz will too.

Mike Maddux, that guy...you gotta love him. Although, I don't know if I'd enjoy filming a commercial or going fishing with him...

Perfect game in Chicago (on the South Side). Pitcher appeared to get bailed out a bit on the last pitch of the game.

I hate to admit this, but I've never heard of Phillip Humber. Needless to say, I have now. The 21st perfect game in MLB history. Nice.

Seems to be the trend of late.

Jonathan Sanchez when he was with the Giants threw a no-no a couple years ago...nobody heard of him, either. Dallas Braden of the A's is another.

Rangers lose only their third game of the year. Not too disappointed, given that Feliz went the distance for the Rangers in the cold weather.

Absolutely, and considering that if not for his two-out loss-of-it that led to the Tigers' only runs of the game we might well still be playing ball, cause for satisfaction, if you can ever look at a loss with satisfaction, and I think sometimes you can. He got out of it & kept the team in the game. Can't win 'em all!

The "one bad inning" syndrome, geez, that's frustrating seeing with a young starter. Last season, remember, Holland & Harrison were always dealing with it, and this year, so far, the seem to have grown out of it. I suspect that Feliz will too.

Your guys are looking pretty sharp right now, Jim.

Overall, yeah. It's a good time to be a Rangers fan.

But it' still just April, and...you know,.,,shit happens, right?

But so far, so good!

Get while you can, I always say.

I figure the Giants won't be a factor without Brian Wilson. Oh well.

My mantra for this year will have to be: Finish ahead of the Dodgers.

Mine is to finish ahead of Baltimore. $178 million dollar payroll has to, doesn't it?

And with no equivocation whatsoever, that will be my final comment on the 2012 baseball season.

Mine is to finish ahead of Baltimore. $178 million dollar payroll has to, doesn't it?

And with no equivocation whatsoever, that will be my final comment on the 2012 baseball season.

Aw, come on back here, Dan.

Baseball talk on Organissimo just wouldn't be the same without your input. No kidding.