MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter North fucked and fucked and fucked, non-stop fucked his coworkers, and then blew the largest loads imaginable of thick spewy goo all over their faces.

And that's what Scott Feldamn has been doing, never more spectacularly than this evening.

Beyond that, the similarity ends, or at least as far as I know it does. Maybe Feldamn has an off-field gig that leaves him weak and ineffectul come time for his on-field one.

I mean, for real - this fucker was throwing batting practice to the A's this evening. I kid you not. And then he doesn't even bother to act like he's trying to compete when it comes time to field his position.

We send him to....OSAKA!

7:15 PM: Former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Pedro Borbon died Monday at the age of 65 of complications from cancer. Borbon had reportedly put a voodoo curse on the Reds after he was traded to the Giants in 1979, but later said that he removed the curse.

That would be a wild thing to have included in your obituary.

The first baseball card set that I built (via 10 cent and 25 cent packs at the drugstore and grocery) was the 1976 Topps set. Pedro Borbon was the last card I needed for that one. Stalked that card for a long time--lot of cardboard-tasting gum consumed along the way.

OK.

You heard it here first: Lincecum is done. It's over. Kaput. Fin.

The Giants are 2-10 with him on the mound. I have no idea what happened. Maybe a bad case of Zito-itis: Get the big money contract then go in the tank. Who knows, but it is just not happening this year.

First Neftali Feliz to the DL, now Derrek Holland.

http://www.lonestarball.com/2012/6/7/3070578/derek-holland-to-the-disabled-list

And still no room to give Scott Feldamn the Wardell Gray treatment. Looks like the Giants will get to see both him a spot-starting Ogando (who's been a monster out of the pen, but...). Rejoice ye Candlestickians! (sic)

C'mon Roy, time's a-waistin'!

Hard to say that the wheels are coming off for the Rangers with only about a third of the season gone, but things are rapidly reaching critical mass as far as it being "just a lull". Whatever fight/resilliance/killer instinct/whatever this team had starting out appears to be all but gone. One hopes for a revival (and is thankful that the rest of the AL has been equally inconsistent), but....DAMN. This shit ain't gonna work. Summer's gonna be long enough as it is.

Hard to say that the wheels are coming off for the Rangers with only about a third of the season gone, but things are rapidly reaching critical mass as far as it being "just a lull". Whatever fight/resilliance/killer instinct/whatever this team had starting out appears to be all but gone. One hopes for a revival (and is thankful that the rest of the AL has been equally inconsistent), but....DAMN. This shit ain't gonna work. Summer's gonna be long enough as it is.

One bad thing about the Rangers going to play the Giants is no DH. For some reason, I'm really looking forward to this weekend series, maybe it just 2010 memories playing in my mind.

I'm not ready to hit panic mode yet, but Holland going on the DL was bad enough, but Ogando as his replacement? Are you freakin' kidding me? Is THAT how desperate we've become? This guy can't hold a lead, much less a tie!

All of that said, though, my biggest worry is the same one I've had since well before the season started: Yu Darvish. When they signed him, my first thought was "did we not learn a damn thing from the Chan Ho Park debacle?" I thought those days were over. Yu's W-L may be impressive, but that's only because he had the run support to overcome his wildness. Now that support's gone and it's just him and his multiple runs given up. Just checking the stats over at MLB and was sickened (but not surprised) to learn that the lowest ERA on the Rangers staff is 3.something. Darvish's is 3.72.

The Rangers are in first by virtue of being the best of four lousy teams. I can't see this lasting, but hey, it's lasted two years running, so....

Harrison was flat-out nasty last night, the Giants never had a chance. 95 mph fast ball, painting the corners with off speed, not a chance and a great game by Harrison.

Texas just jumped on the Giants last night. Going to be a tough series for my guys.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BTW...if you haven't voted yet for the All-Star Team here's a link:

Vote!

Edited by GoodSpeak