MLB 2012 Season

But at least we can all come together in mutual hatred of the Cardinals and Yankees.

Explain the Cardinal hatred to me. Tony "Genius" LaRussa is gone. Is it a style or arrogance? Is it based on the INF fly call by the ump (there's been little mention of the timeout-strikeout-HR-next-pitch except by Chipper post game). Is it just the winning a WS from the wild card position last year and winning another title too soon too? Is it that they have the most titles by a NL team, thus are Yankees Senior Circuit? I'm genuinely curious as other than from Cub fans I'm not well acquainted with Cardinal-hatred from a national perspective. I do understand getting screwed by the umps because of Denkinger, or the team that broke your heart being hated.

Well, I am a "recovered" Cubs fan, so my Cardinal hatred was nurtured from the time I was about 13. The most NL titles is a factor, the entitlement of fans too. Now, having said all that, I kind of liked some things about LaRussa and I was on some level just making a joke using the Cardinals to piggyback on Jim's post. My only truly unconditional hatred is for the Yankees ...

Edited by Mark Stryker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not really seen Cincinnati until last night. That's a strong looking team, in terms of both tools and attitude.Lose your ace after one batter. Oh well, let's play ball!

Looking forward to seeing the Nationals for the first real time too. Somebody needs to stop the Satan Louis Cardinals!

Maybe it is the new Wild Card 1 game playoff that has me confused but why do the Cardinals have the 1, 2, and 5 games at home when they won the Wild Card and won 10 less games then The Nationals?

:wacko:

I don't think they have #5. I believe it's the first two in STL and last 3 in DC. I don't think it's fair to the Division winner in this format. Additionally I think this should be a 7 game series not 5.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Whoa just looking over the Cards/Nats box score and saw this... "Gio Gonzalez is the sixth pitcher to walk seven or more batters in five or fewer innings in a postseason game. In the previous five instances, the pitcher's team lost the game."

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Maybe it is the new Wild Card 1 game playoff that has me confused but why do the Cardinals have the 1, 2, and 5 games at home when they won the Wild Card and won 10 less games then The Nationals?

I don't think they have #5. I believe it's the first two in STL and last 3 in DC. I don't think it's fair to the Division winner in this format. Additionally I think this should be a 7 game series not 5.

Thanks for clearing that up.

It seems like a big change since in the past the team with the most wins would have had games 1, 2, and 5.

Yeah, it was a pure bs call. The thing is, it's always called IMMEDIATELY, not wait and see where's it going. I've never seen it called that late. Some useless umpiring going on there. thumbs_down.gif

It wasn't much better with that floating strike zone in the Giants vs Reds game last night. I mean, how do you ring a guy up on a marginal called strike three? Twice. This is the Post Season, not some meaningless game in April. You'd better be damn sure it's a legit strike three before you call it, Ump. Two batters later and that same pitch is called a ball? Please. High strike/ball or low strike/ball. Didn't matter. The HP ump was all over the road.

Then came Santiago "Only-good-for-two-outs" Casilla....Grrrr :angry:

Tonight is a must win: Go hard or go home, Giants.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I don't think they have #5. I believe it's the first two in STL and last 3 in DC. I don't think it's fair to the Division winner in this format.

I agree. However some feel the 2-3 is more fair as it allows the team with the better record the chance to win the series at home. Baseball might return to the 2-2-1 format next year.

Edited by Quincy

I had not really seen Cincinnati until last night. That's a strong looking team, in terms of both tools and attitude.Lose your ace after one batter. Oh well, let's play ball!

Here's hoping my guys can avoid the sweep.

Grrrrr :angry:

I don't think they have #5. I believe it's the first two in STL and last 3 in DC. I don't think it's fair to the Division winner in this format.

I agree. However some feel the 2-3 is more fair as it allows the team with the better record the chance to win the series at home. Baseball might return to the 2-2-1 format next year.

I like the 2-2-1 format better. It offers more parity, IMHO.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Watching this series has to this point been kind of a weird schizo deja-vu for me, like watching the Good Rangers play the Bad Rangers.

Watching this series has to this point been kind of a weird schizo deja-vu for me, like watching the Good Rangers play the Bad Rangers.

Maybe you need the Power Rangers!

http://www.rangercentral.com/

Still like that, only the teams have reversed roles.

Baseball is weird.

The Giants are lucky that Dusty Baker is managing so bad in this game, imagine, sending the runners like he did in the sixth? What was he thinking? Easy strike out, throw them out, double play. Thanks Dusty!

I dunno.

That Grand Salami Posey hit was totally legit!