MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way this team gets to the series three years in a row, and who knows what injuries lie in store, but the team who showed up today looked like the rangers of the last two years, which means fun baseball. Don't know if I have it in me to invest the emotion in this season as I did the last, especially knowing how nearly-impossible to get back to the Series will be....

Trying some ol' reverse psychology eh? ;)

On myself, yeah. Last season was...extremely intense for me personally. Don't know if this one needs to be quite as much so.

Besides, getting to the Series three years in a row? Not likely by any rational/reasonable standard.

Now, next season... :g

Hey back in the 80's/90's the Buffalo Bills made to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row. Of course they lost all 4....

Rough start for my Giants.

Oh well. Plenty of baseball left.

Dang, season been going since Wednesday and I've only seen one game, bummer. Los Doyers might be worth watching this year, especially if the Parking Lot Attendant is truly gone.

No offense, but I certainly hope not ^_^

Edited by GoodSpeak

...Glad the slimmed down and trimmed up Mark Teixeira is off on the right foot, batting a cool .000 after six official plate appearances. Maybe he should look more seriously into that bunting idea he espoused during Spring training. Between him and A-Rod, the Yanks are on the hook for an awful lot of money for the production they could easily be getting out of guys who cost about 20% of what they're paying these two. ...

Hey, can you mention any names the el-cheap-o Braves could get for 20% of Tex's numbers????

ab67fb183967664.jpg

Please, I beseech you, don't make me defend Tex! ;) End of the year, he will still have 30+ HR's and 100 + RBI's and will play stellar defense...

And no team can look as bad as the braves did being swept by the Mets....no hitting, overrated starters...we have a GM telling the press who will and won't be a starting pitcher weeks before spring training ends(A really clever GM would trade for Kris Medlen and have a guy who would win 12-15 games with a 3.50 ERA, but with the braves, he will be our 4th best bullpen guy)

Medlen had a 0.82 era in S.T.(they wouldn't let him start anymore, cuz you know..he's 26, he is just a bullpen arm) Julio Teheran , AKA the next Pedro Martinez #1 had a sparkling 9.37 ERA , but just couldn't make the cut out of S.T.

Nope, Randall Delgado, AKA the Next Pedro Martinez #2 beat him out with a microscopic 7.89 ERA.

I am being really mean to them, they both pitched decently late last year but were both out of steam at the end of the season. Delgado is only 22, Teheran is only 21...but, they are clearly, CLEARLY not ready now...neither made it past 5 innings the entire spring.

Medlen was 6-2 in 107 innings, in 2010, with a 3.68 ERA...then blew out his elbow...He should start, show other teams he can still start, and perhaps get traded for the outfielder we so desperately need.

Doesn't anyone have a crowded outfield with a need for a good #3,4 starter? We can trade you Medlen and Prado...give our stoopid GM a call, he might finally wise up that the team that collapsed late last year is the same team they are trying to win with this year.

Edited by BERIGAN

At least one New York team is holding up its end of the bargain! And although this may be the only time this year I get to say that, I have to say that it definitely is making my day!!! Hail Schteinbrenner.

Ain't it great though: Mets 3-0! Long may it last.

On the AL side, I saw that the Yankees rested Jeter either on Saturday or Sunday. Isn't it a little early for that unless they wanted someone else to get a start at SS.

Wonder if Dan is paying attention to the Sox. I'm assuming he's sticking to his guns. If they go in tank in this year, it could get ugly with Bobby V.

Was able to watch some of the Rangers game last night, and they look tough to beat, just a solid club that can win any kind of game. Oh, they suck! No way they're going to the series again! (some reverse jinxing for JS).

I was driving from the Napa Valley to where I live in SoCal, and I was listening to the Giants' game. Wouldn't you know it, I hit the Grapevine with the Giants ahead 6-5, when I get through the mountains, they lost 7-6! I don't think that is something that's happened the past two seasons, having the staff lose a 6-0 lead. Don't know about the Giants this year (and btw Goodspeak, I love the Giants), but they don't seem to have that swagger about them right now, and the D'Backs don't look like they're going away.

Was able to watch some of the Rangers game last night, and they look tough to beat, just a solid club that can win any kind of game. Oh, they suck! No way they're going to the series again! (some reverse jinxing for JS).

I was driving from the Napa Valley to where I live in SoCal, and I was listening to the Giants' game. Wouldn't you know it, I hit the Grapevine with the Giants ahead 6-5, when I get through the mountains, they lost 7-6! I don't think that is something that's happened the past two seasons, having the staff lose a 6-0 lead. Don't know about the Giants this year (and btw Goodspeak, I love the Giants), but they don't seem to have that swagger about them right now, and the D'Backs don't look like they're going away.

I know...I was toggling back and forth between the Masters and the Giants game. They were up 6-0 so I figured it was safe to check out the golf tournament. I come back and Cain is giving up back-to-back HRs! Ugh. 6-5. Then 6-6. Then 7-6 [sandoval's high throw took Posey's foot off the plate]

I'm not worried just yet, but the pitching has really stumbled coming out of the blocks.

Ozzie suspended for five games. I've been wondering from the very start of this story whether the Venezuela/Cuba connection is being overlooked. I mean, the politics of Venezuela, where Ozzie is from, is quite different from the Miami brand. Nobody would lift an eyebrow about Ozzie's comments in his home country.... shrug[1].gif

Free speech is funny thing, ain't it? I strongly disagree with what Ozzie said but I don't think it was right for him to be suspended for it.

If this had happened anywhere else, it might have raised a little dust but not much more. Ozzie's not very good at editing himself and probably never will be, but with a population of Cuban ex-pats the size of the one in Miami, he should have known better. Frankly, I don't think the team had much choice. They had to do something.

Edited by Dave James