MLB 2012 Season

Ok, it's now official. The Mets have assumed their rightful place in the land of suckage!

These last 2 games have shown, I guess, how important Wright is to their success. He's been out with a fractured pinky.

They took a break on Saturday and Sunday and emerged from that land!

Check out this picture. You may recognize the guy third from the left along with the guy in the combat fatigues. Guess this is OK.

Fidel-With-MLB.jpg

Hypocrisy! Ain't it great :blush:

And you wonder why I refuse to concern myself with the American League franchise located in Boston, MA.

Can't blame you in a way. Makes for merriment though :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think the color barrier would have been broken by the 50s anyway.

I don't know this part of the history as well as I'd like, but was Larry Doby going to roll out with the Indians no matter what happened with Robinson, or was there a "wait and see" thing going on there?

I don't know this part of the history as well as I'd like, but was Larry Doby going to roll out with the Indians no matter what happened with Robinson, or was there a "wait and see" thing going on there?

No, it was going through regardless. Bill Veck was the owner of the Indians at the time, and he was committed to breaking the color barrier. In some ways, I wished it was him, it would have made a great story, and Doby was no slouch either as a player or person. With Branch, there is more than a touch of the charlatan involved, but that touch is what probably made him so great.

Well the bad news for the Giants - Lincecum lost again. The good news is he was able to lower his ERA to 10.54!!

(Actually, besides the 1st inning where he gave up 4 runs he looked pretty good last night. Also, Angel Pagan did him no favors)

Phillies back to .500 ball. Sigh... this is gonna be a long season.

No, it was going through regardless. Bill Veck was the owner of the Indians at the time, and he was committed to breaking the color barrier. In some ways, I wished it was him, it would have made a great story, and Doby was no slouch either as a player or person. With Branch, there is more than a touch of the charlatan involved, but that touch is what probably made him so great.

The Giants were ready to bring up a Black player, too. Dodgers just beat them to it is all.

Well the bad news for the Giants - Lincecum lost again. The good news is he was able to lower his ERA to 10.54!!

(Actually, besides the 1st inning where he gave up 4 runs he looked pretty good last night. Also, Angel Pagan did him no favors)

Phillies back to .500 ball. Sigh... this is gonna be a long season.

The Giants only offered him a two year deal whle giving the Mad Bum and Cain multi-year deals, too.

Maybe they saw something that wasn't quite right. I dunno.

I just hope Lincecum can get his groove on...and soon.

After their current four game series with Washington is over, I sort of wish the Astros would stun MLB and go on a rampage! If they made it to the post-season or even won it all it would serve Selig right for moving them to the AL West next season.

Wait....now hold it.

Houston is going to the AL next year? Why?

Edited by GoodSpeak

Houston will be in the AL West beginning next season in order to even out the divisions. Currently there are only LA of Anaheim, Oakland, Seattle, and Texas. It's the only division like it. It will be fairer to the other divisions if there is more competition for the top spot.

I felt that Milwaukee should have been the one reassigned to the AL since they started there.

I understand the logic of wanting 5 teams in the AL West, but I don't like Houston being the team to move. The sale of the Astros suddenly gave MLB the right to force the them to be the team that had to move.

I've enjoyed the NL rivalries (such as they are) that the Astros have had. It doesn't seem right for them to suddenly be an AL team.

Houston will be in the AL West beginning next season in order to even out the divisions. Currently there are only LA of Anaheim, Oakland, Seattle, and Texas. It's the only division like it. It will be fairer to the other divisions if there is more competition for the top spot.

I felt that Milwaukee should have been the one reassigned to the AL since they started there.

That's what I was thinking.

The Brewers moving was never going to happen, Bud Selig fought tooth-and-nail to get them into the NL. Guess when you're the Commissioner, you put this protective aura around the team that you own, so it gets to stay in the NL, it's key player doesn't get suspended (what a surprise, the only case ever overturned rolleyes.gif ), etc.

Edit: ever to never to ever

Edited by Matthew

The Brewers moving was never going to happen, Bud Selig fought tooth-and-nail to get them into the NL. Guess when you're the Commissioner, you put this protective aura around the team that you own, so it gets to stay in the NL, it's key player doesn't get suspended (what a surprise, the only case ever overturned rolleyes.gif ), etc.

Edit: ever to never to ever

Figures.

We need another Fay Vincent or Bart Giamatti to run MLB.

And what's all this business about expanding the playoff teams to five? Pretty soon, Selig will water the playoffs down to the meaninglessness of the NBA or NHL where basically everybody gets in. And I'm still steamed about that tie Allstar game, too.

He's destroying the game, IMHO.

Edited by GoodSpeak