MLB 2012 Season

Not a horrible call to send the runner, but not a good move by the batter to not protect the plate at all on that pitch, made the throw out waaaaay too easy for a good arm like Posey. atter's got to know the situation there and not take a called strike 3. If in doubt, protect!

And Cincinatti's since had ample opportunities to get tied. They're just not getting it done and/or SF is coming up big (aka that catch to end the 8th, hey, what can you say other than wow, that's it right there?).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GIANTS WIN!!!!!!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!

Really, a great comeback by the Giants, I didn't think they could pull it off. You know Dusty must be dying over this one. It will be interesting if Lincecum will start in the next series or not, I don't see how Zito can be allowed to start. If they play the Cardinals, the Giants will have home field advantage.

GIANTS WIN!!!!!!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!

Really, a great comeback by the Giants, I didn't think they could pull it off. You know Dusty must be dying over this one. It will be interesting if Lincecum will start in the next series or not, I don't see how Zito can be allowed to start. If they play the Cardinals, the Giants will have home field advantage.

I don't know which team would be tougher. The Red Birds have been there before. The Nats seem like this year's version of the Not Ready for Prime Time Players out there, but have been kicking butt all season long. Home feild would be a plus, though.

Game 3 was huge, the Homer Bailey game. You lose a game like that,like the Reds did, it's usually indicative of shit's not gonna go your way for a while.

That E6 opened the flood gates, to be sure.

On to the NLCS!

Edited by GoodSpeak

Zimmermann and Clippard struck out the side in 7 and 8. Don't know what Storen did in 9, but the bullpen did better today!

All bets off for tomorrow.

The "Werth it" meme has to do with bitter fans who thought the owners spent too much on his contract. There's always people concerned about how somebody else spent their own money.

Felt bad for Rolen on that error. But it takes a whole lot of plays to win or lose a single game, much less a series.

Even if they got the out, the game would have still been tied.

Basking in the glow of yet another Giants road victory :g

Werth's home run came at the end of one of the best at bats I have ever seen. There are a lot of happy faces in DC. And I'm not even a baseball fan.

That was cool.

But the Nats are seriously struggling to win the series.

I'm guessing Game 5 won't be as pretty.

Verlander single-handedly made the Oaklands look down and not look back up. They didn't want to, but Verlander took away all other options.

This was no minor feat on Verlander's part, btw. The Oaklands have been refusing to not look down without evenutually forcing a look back up, and a look back up of never-going-to-die on their face more strongly each time. Every time you thought you had them down, that's get back up with a look of fortified invincible insanity drooling out of their pores.

Werth's walk-off and 15 innings of Skinny Girl ball in the Bronx were all post-season drama-packed post-season instant post-season memories of the post-season, but if you wanted sheer Day Of Reckoning baseball, where a beast had been unleashed that was threatening to take over the world and it had come to the point where the fate of said world rested in one man's hands alone, that came was last night in Oakland, and that man was Justin Verlander and he did stop the insanity once and for all.

Not often does a 6-0 final reflect an Epic Battle Final Showdown, but this one was exactly that. There's a "based on a true story" fantasy/sci-fi movie to be made out of this and all that led up to it...or maybe that's what all this has been all along...