Last minute gig postings

I'll be playing tonight w/my organ trio of JOEL FASS, GUITAR RADAM SCHWARTZ, HAMMOND B3 RUDOLPH PETSCHAUER, DRUMS 6-8:30 tonight Fat Cat 75 Christopher St. West of 7th Ave., The Big Mango (no word from Chris Cattan..) A lousy $3 admission for all the good you get (plus ME-to offset that and make you appreciate it) Get there before 7 and it's GRATIS (also free) Also at Fat Cat this Sunday, Apr. 8 I'll be a guest for a set with The Ehud Asherie-Bob Mover group. Bob invited me, I told him I'd ask Ehud first. Should be cool, though. Bob you know. Ehud is a superb pianist not yet 30 making his name. Not sure of the other players, but they hit at 7

Edited by fasstrack

Last night wasn't half bad-though we need tightening up. Organ can only get so quiet-so they claim. So archtops tend to overdrive and feed back. Then shouting directions over a Leslie.. We'll rehearse, there's potential there. Look for us there every 6 weeks. Highlight: Jon Raney-Jimmy's son, fine pianist, great guy-came and stayed the duration. That was really appreciated. We'd been writing so it was great to hang. The Raneys are special, all of 'em. I think I mentioned my history as a youmg player seeking and finding Jimmy. And so the bond grows...

Last night wasn't half bad-though we need tightening up. Organ can only get so quiet-so they claim. So archtops tend to overdrive and feed back. Then shouting directions over a Leslie.. We'll rehearse, there's potential there. Look for us there every 6 weeks. Highlight: Jon Raney-Jimmy's son, fine pianist, great guy-came and stayed the duration. That was really appreciated. We'd been writing so it was great to hang. The Raneys are special, all of 'em. I think I mentioned my history as a youmg player seeking and finding Jimmy. And so the bond grows...

Stick some old t-shirts in the f-holes and turn it up :)

Damn man, just a little more notice next time! The apartment is 2 blocks from fat cat and we were up last night. Check you in six weeks! :)

If I haven't lost the gig by then . If you'se still in town I think I'm a sitter-in within w/Mover and Ehud there tomorrow night. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.

Stick some old t-shirts in the f-holes and turn it up :)

They sell removable foam rubber thingies. I have to ask my repair guy, D'aQuisto Boombatz. Either that or have him 'straighten out' the organ player. 'You won't see Paulie no more...'

Well, I waited all night to play one fing tune, the last. It was Ehud's gig, and different when a guy who's not the leader asks you. Cool. And I heard 2 sets of Frank Wess, co-ldr. Ilya Lustach. He plays good, with balls and edge. Wess sounds like Arnett Cobb on tenor to me, not as ahead, more relaxed. On flute he invented himself-few models when he started. What else? Charli Persip showed. Oh, and I met a nice lady, in town from Japan for a week. She knows I'm a gentleman. One can only hope.@