Mike Wallace has passed

i believe Mike passed last night at a facility in CT at 93 years old. i have been a big fan of his (warts and all!) since he began at 60 Minutes. there was certainly no one like him, consequently he accomplished the seemingly impossible with the dialogues he had with the famous people of the world. he certainly never pulled his punches which sometimes made his subjects and his audiences squirm.

i got to meet him a few years ago when he was publicizing his last book. since we were from the same hometown, Brookline, MA, and graduated from the same high school, we had a very pleasant little chat while he was signing my book. he was still charming, quick-witted, articulate and good-looking, even at his advanced age.

thanks for everything, Mike. and my condolences to his family and friends.

Yes, Mike Wallace always seemed younger than his calender age, which lulled some of us (certainly me) into a false sense of security. I never thought of the guy passing away, just kind assumed he'd always be with us. A sobering and saddening piece of news, though at least he had an amazing run. RIP