BFT#5 - Not so fast please!

mmilovan

This was discussed before John posted his answers. The average has been about ten days from the start of the discussion to the revealing of the answers and it seems to have worked so far.

But its unfortunate that your mail service is so slow. I mean, this one started in Europe, it didn't ship from the States- why did it only show up two days ago?

Dan,

I shipped his disc from Tennessee to Brazil. I am not too surprised it took so long.

I agree that it may be better to slow up things just a bit. Since I've been pretty busy, I haven't been following as closely as you guys. I was quite surprised when I saw that the answers were posted already. I think if we stick to a monthly schedule, that would give everyone involved enough time to listen, digest and post. Maybe answers for the previous months test and the shipping date for the next test should both happen on the 1st of the month? I know that just because the answers have been posted doesn't mean that stragglers can't participate. I am a straggler myself this month and am struggling to avoid the answers thread as I collect my thoughts. :)

Dan,

I shipped his disc from Tennessee to Brazil. I am not too surprised it took so long.

this is what prompted me to mix Milan with Marcus. Marcus in Brazil wrote me he hasn't received his disk yet. Milan, I sent a disk to myself. This is rather strange indeed as usually things arrive within a couple of days within Europe.

Sorry you missed out on some of the fun of being there with all the others. I hope you will nevertheless post some thoughts before peeking at the answers-

that's the thing here-Milan and Marcus are possibly the most remote folks other than the guys down under). Not to be cold or inconsiderate, but it seems silly to hold everything because it takes so long to reach them.

In the future, I think that an effort should be made to ship to the outer reaches even earlier than the Europe/US ship schedule. Then there will be a little more time for delivery to reach them. But beyond that ... :(

Oops. Sorry I mixed Marcus and Milan up.

I am disappointed to hear that he hasn't received his disc yet. I filled out the proper customs form at the post office and everything looked fine to the postal clerk. I'd be willing to try again and send another disc.

Edited by Jim Dye

hi guys

i fully understand that it´s not reasonable to delay all the fun just waiting for the remote people to get their cd´s (my case :g )

i wasn´t complaining at all when i asked John about the disc, it was just to calculate how many days would left to have it on my hands as i´m really excited for it :)

effectively, Daniel A has been very kind with me sharing the first two BFT´s on his FTP. i do have a FTP server too so if anyone wants to follow this way with me it´s fine.

the hardest thing is to avoid the discussion/answers thread but i´m a grown man so i can control myself :g

all the best for all of you who are so helpful with me

Marcus Oliveira

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry this went wrong Marcus. I should have accepted one of the mp3/ftp offers from the start. then again, I didn't know you had been doing it like this previously. I should have asked whether anyone was willing to grab the tracks via ftp and if anyone would be willing to put them up. Hope you enjoy my selections nonetheless.

and I certainly will not look at what others have said before making comments. 

What are you some kind of wise ass? ;):P:g

NOW I get it, after just reading the answers. Catesta, you sly dog. :g

I think it's okay as long as you didn't plan to comment or didn't have the time. What I dont care to read is regurgitated comments, because people have read others' posts.