Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers at the Free Trade Hall 1961

BillF

• 5 months later...

. ok this is in the uk; so its an FM station right. bbc 1, 2 etc were fm, right???

do you guys know the term "PRE-FM". this is ideal. for years i had a crappy recorded off the dial copy of robert palmer's 1986 riptide tour concert. now, i have the westwood one 3 lp set, before it was broadcasted, so to say. PRE FM.

Bill F: that is incredible you were there- good job!! did you have personal contact with lee morgan, or any of the mssgrs?

Bill F: that is incredible you were there- good job!! did you have personal contact with lee morgan, or any of the mssgrs?

No contact, but I had quite a good seat - about 10 rows back from the stage, so I could see them well. The problem was hearing - see my post above.

Art%2BBlakey%2B61.jpg

I believe that cover photo is from "UGETSU" and is the group without Lee and Bobby.

Yes, looks like the Ugetsu photo. Totally inappropriate, as the Free Trade Hall group was Lee Morgan, Wayne Shorter, Bobby Timmons, Jymie Merritt and Art.