See that Emanem/Psi lost masters

David Ayers

That means all those OOP titles ain't coming back. Information from Martin's regular email. I guess that means better not to wait on other titles of interest, though the huge majority are in print so it's certainly not panic-stations.

Emanem/Psi are great labels, for those who don't know, and produce maaany new titles as well as some essential reissues. Toot toot!

psi0901.jpeg

(Yeah right - like anyone in the world hasn't already got this on LP...)

Edited by David Ayers

They lost the rights to the masters or were they destroyed?

Destroyed. Here's what Martin said in his monthly email.

It would be nice to keep everything in print. Unfortunately, the pressing plant where most of them were made went bankrupt, and all the glass masters were destroyed. This means that a reissue is almost as expensive as a new issue.

'them' is the list of OOP titles

Seems Mosaic are not alone in being affected by this kind of occurence.

Actually, 'them' is most of the CDs published on Emanem and psi before 2009. The quality of the recordings is not lost - it's just more expensive to repress. The situation is not helped by the self-defeating general recession caused by the short-term greed of bankers and other plutocrats - nor by the side-effects of down-loading - nor by me no longer feeling young! But we keep trying.

Martin

There are a lot of fantastic releases on psi and Emanem. My suggestion is to support someone working hard to release new music on a regular basis by ordering a few titles directly from Martin. Prices are reasonable right from the source, and you'll know all of the money is going directly to fund new releases and reissues.

I've been coveting the new Foxes Fox release, so I'll take my own advice in the next day or so.