Miles Davis Forever LP

Tjazz

I looked at it in the store. Certainly mixed messages around the tracks' status as "unreleased." As in "unreleased until it was released several years ago in a boxed set."

I'd have rather seen a something like a bootleg from the 70s released instead... :rhappy:

This version of "Directions" is on disc 2 of "It's About that Time". Way to mislead casual fans/buyers :blink: Because the only way this compilation is interesting to us is if some people prefer and absolutely have to have the tracks on vinyl, but I think the Mosaic LP sets had all this material anyway sans the "Fillmore East March 7, 1970" set.

This version of "Directions" is on disc 2 of "It's About that Time". Way to mislead casual fans/buyers :blink: Because the only way this compilation is interesting to us is if some people prefer and absolutely have to have the tracks on vinyl, but I think the Mosaic LP sets had all this material anyway sans the "Fillmore East March 7, 1970" set.

That is misleading. I mistakenly assumed it was the March 6 version.

The March Fillmores are the dates with Shorter, yes? If so, the sound wasn't so good, so who cares what media it's on?

Yep. Although the March 6th show, IIRC has slightly better sound. The March 7th stuff on Columbia has so much distortion on the master and Jack is not well recorded, but that music is so great.