Jazz Record Requests

We've mentioned the coming changes elsewhere but this in a Jazzwise article is new to me.

'a plan to draw in a broader, younger, listenership'

Given Alyn Shipton is in charge I trust it won't do what it sounds like!

Hope they don't drop the early jazz at the start of the programme (which can sound as out there to my ears as anything the current revolutionaries throw at us). JRR has always suffered from stopping somewhere around Ornette with the odd more recent thing creeping in in recent years.

Just hope we don't get lots of beatbox stuff and singers with fruit in their hair (I especially dislike that fruit on radio).

Thank goodness they didn't give it to 'you know who'. :rolleyes:

Davina McCall? David Mellor? Michael Portillo?

Actually, given that she never misses a chance to get in the limelight, I'm predicting Anne Widdecombe within 3 years.

01.jpg

Sorry! That photo may well break a house rule somewhere.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Thank goodness they didn't give it to 'you know who'. :rolleyes:

Davina McCall? David Mellor? Michael Portillo?

Actually, given that she never misses a chance to get in the limelight, I'm predicting Anne Widdecombe within 3 years.

01.jpg

Sorry! That photo may well break a house rule somewhere.

I think that photo breaks several house rules.

I'll be dodging the paving stones as I listen to Mr Shipton who I find a considerably more listenable presenter than the last incumbent - finally I'll be able to enjoy the programme and not cringe at that "hell...lo"

pretty much with you on the "hell....low" but I'd be more interested in the content of the programme . As long as listeners keep requesting Tommy Dorsey/Bobcats et al then it'll probably not have my attention.

I'll be dodging the paving stones as I listen to Mr Shipton who I find a considerably more listenable presenter than the last incumbent - finally I'll be able to enjoy the programme and not cringe at that "hell...lo"

pretty much with you on the "hell....low" but I'd be more interested in the content of the programme . As long as listeners keep requesting Bobcats et al then it'll probably not have my attention.

Well, Lester called anyone he didn't like "Bob Crosby". <_<