1910 Steinway Upright Piano

getting old and time to reduce the weight on my back. I've had this nice piano since the late 1980s, and wrote everything I ever recorded on it, basically, from the Knitting Factory stuff wih Julius Hemphill, David Murray, Doc Cheatham, and Loren Schoenberg to the stuff with Roswell Rudd and finally the blues stuff (currently composing like a maniac for the new thing in June).

this thing is old and can either be played nicely as is, or restored to its original splendor for a ridiculous amount of money. Just had it tuned; would consider donating it to a non-profit; big issue is moving this monster.

I would sell for $500 plus you move it; the thing is in Maine, so unless you own a moving company good luck.

I just bought a Casio 330; not the same thing, but records nicely and has great sound and an internal disc for playback. So this will have to go if I can find anyone crazy enough to try and move it. But it IS a Steinway and does have that inimitable sound.

Edited by AllenLowe