BBC-3 Radio Alyn Shipton Jazz Program

With this series cancelled is there any way to listen to previous broadcasts? I am looking for the Shorty Rogers show.

I've looked through the list of available podcasts and Shorty isn't there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/jazzlibnz

Mind you, the tracks played on the original 1 hour radio shows were severely trimmed to get the podcasts down to about 35 mins. The Shorty was a great one - he must have been the s-l-o-w-e-s-t (and coolest) speaker they ever had on the show. Great stories, too - like how "Martians Go Home" was inspired by grafitti in the men's room. :lol:

Yes, indeed!

The aim to "draw in a new and younger audience" doesn't seem to amount to much more than inviting requests by Twitter. :lol:

Well, that's already excluded me!

The promise of hearing Bird is enough to get me tweeting! :w

Now listening to the new Geoffrey Smith's Jazz. Sound stuff, though noticeably less adventurous than Shipton's new show. I guess the audience research wonks have decided to leave Geoffrey with the old guard. Mind you, most of them will be tucked up in bed at the broadcast hour and many won't have computers for listening in the following days. So - a show ready for the kill off, as I think you remarked, Bev.