Anybody see Mick Jagger w/Foo Fighters on SNL last night?

JSngry

19th Nervous Breakdown was pretty good, but when they broke it down into It's Only Rock & Roll, some magic started happening, and shit started getting...palpable. Byt he time it was over...DAMN.

Very seldom do I really get moved by rock any more, but this, this one got me, and good.

Foo Fighters one hella band, and Mick Jagger can still deliver if/when/etc.

I'd rather see Steven Tyler in a damn Burger King commercial. Now THAT shit is palpable. robotfr.gif

Just kidding... Foo Fighters are a good band. I lost all interest in SNL a long time ago, but will check this one out...

Jagger played Tyler in one of the skits. Not quite as palpable as the set with Foo Fighters. :g

SNL's been on a bit of an uptick the last few years, actually...still inconsistent, but very funny when it is funny, and that's more frequently than it has been in a while.

And Kristen Wiig's leaving...that's too bad. she's become to SNL what Imogene Coca was to Your Show Of Shows. She will be missed.

Foo Fighters are a killer group, they've been around for a long time now but it almost seems like they are just getting warmed up. Very few drummers make the transition to frontman/guitarist...and kick ass in both positions. Grohl is a talent, that's for sure.

I felt the same way – it was pretty damn thrilling! Glad you brought it up :-)

I wasn't paying close attention to the band for the second song, and my first reaction was wow Arcade Fire can really rock out :-)

I agree that the lyrics on the Jagger presidential song were lame. But… I thought Jeff Beck was smokin' with his guitar. Great evening all around for rock 'n roll!

Agree it got better by the second verse, but I was rather disappointed by the particular tunes they played (not that I was expecting anything much different).

Something more along the lines of this would have been nice (an excuse to post this great clip)...

Edited by Rooster_Ties

19th Nervous Breakdown was pretty good, but when they broke it down into It's Only Rock & Roll, some magic started happening, and shit started getting...palpable. Byt he time it was over...DAMN.

Very seldom do I really get moved by rock any more, but this, this one got me, and good.

Foo Fighters one hella band, and Mick Jagger can still deliver if/when/etc.

Agree totally and Mick was great in the skits too. Best episode of the season.

• 6 months later...

Foo Fighters are a killer group, they've been around for a long time now but it almost seems like they are just getting warmed up. Very few drummers make the transition to frontman/guitarist...and kick ass in both positions. Grohl is a talent, that's for sure.

Grohl played drums behind McCartney's second number on SNL this evening and was not fucking around with it.

Grohl played drums behind McCartney's second number on SNL this evening and was not fucking around with it.

Grohl's intensity meant I had high hopes for the song for the first ten seconds or so. By the end I realised it was only Grohl's drumming that sustained my interest. Although this was the live performance from the 12/12/12 concert.