Roland Kirk on LIMELIGHT

can anyone recommend this one, or is really watered down. thats what limelight does, it waters down talent. i LOVE pop jazz lps, dont get me wrong, but limelight like, just did it wrong. did they use various producers, or the same one always? i have never been happy, and always disapointed by limelight sessions

Another watered-down Limelight LP is Eric Dolphy's "Last Date." :blink:

:tup

My very favorite Dolphy album of all. I would not be willing to pay the going rate ($150-$200) for the Kirk box (I sold mine for about that much 10-12 years ago, and it still goes for that on Amazon Marketplace), but it's worth picking up the individual sessions, almost all of which are available at better prices.

When I caught Kirk (with Horace Parlan) in a club in Cleveland in the mid-60's, he was plugging his upcoming flute album on Mercury. ("Cannonball & Coltrane" - like the Mingus title - was also a reissue of a Mercury album.)

LOL! My favorite post-Baker Mulligan album is the Limelight Something Borrowed, Something Blue with Zoot Sims.

Let's not forget this surprise easy-listening hit!

R-977181-1183317299.jpeg

Oh yeah, that is a good one.

This album was my introduction to Paul Bley, and also the song Mr. Joy. I'd love to hear it again.