CJ Shearn

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude, what's your point?

My point should be self-evident. My point is that YOU do not get the POINT. "Stop worrying about what you didn't get, and enjoy what you DID get". It could all go away in a flash, and then, WHAT?

So I am not allowed to criticise, huh? That's a weird position that I will, sorry, never ever share, no matter what subject it's about.

I am very happy about both MD Bootleg releases and I clearly said so. That however does not mean I'm not allowed to voice criticisms on minor issues such as packaging, at least not in my opinion.

I should "enjoy what I DO get" ... as I said, I do! "It could all go away in a flash" ... yes, it could, but I think it was a point you made that they're obviously making money out of this AND I am a paying customer, so I really don't see why I should just shut the fegh off as you tell me to.

What's that crap that you merikins always carry proudly in front of you, to defend, for instance, burning crosses in front of black people who mistakenly found their way into a home in a white neighbourhood? Some amendment or some such ... I don't give much for that ... but I will always voice criticism and consider that part of being alive. Bread and butter, so to say. But that's, for me, the end of this silly discussion.

Yeah, or you just don't get it ... whatever that means. Or the other way 'round. Zunderopsi, as I say in my vernacular.

In the vernacular of we "'merikans" as you call us, it's "ya get what ya pay for".

Sure, enjoy the music. Hell, even feel free to be ecstatic about the low price you paid. But don't think for a minute that you or anyone else is owed a free ride from anyone in any business that endeavors to make a profit, especially ones in the music industry. Even Chuckie's out to make money, and if you think he's entirely in it to "give" to us fans, you are simply fooling yourself.

You want a better booklet from Sony, ya gotta be willing to swallow and say 'ahhhhhhhhh'.

Even Chuckie's out to make money, and if you think he's entirely in it to "give" to us fans, you are simply fooling yourself.

You think Chuck does it for the money!!!!????

I didn't mean that he's getting rich by reissuing jazz recordings. I meant that he's not doing it to get poor.

Is everyone here really this naive? Why do I have to explicitly explain everything I say?

Read between the lines sometimes. It keeps the mind young!

Even Chuckie's out to make money, and if you think he's entirely in it to "give" to us fans, you are simply fooling yourself.

I didn't mean that he's getting rich by reissuing jazz recordings. I meant that he's not doing it to get poor.

Is everyone here really this naive? Why do I have to explicitly explain everything I say?

If you feel so superior to "everyone here", what are you still doing on this board?

Edited by J.A.W.

"want to be a millionaire promoting jazz - start with 2 million"

Yeah, or you just don't get it ... whatever that means. Or the other way 'round. Zunderopsi, as I say in my vernacular.

In the vernacular of we "'merikans" as you call us, it's "ya get what ya pay for".

Sure, enjoy the music. Hell, even feel free to be ecstatic about the low price you paid. But don't think for a minute that you or anyone else is owed a free ride from anyone in any business that endeavors to make a profit, especially ones in the music industry. Even Chuckie's out to make money, and if you think he's entirely in it to "give" to us fans, you are simply fooling yourself.

You want a better booklet from Sony, ya gotta be willing to swallow and say 'ahhhhhhhhh'.

Gee, did I ever get ecstatic or even comment on the cheap price?

I would certainly not have minded to pay twice as much for this very same package without swallowing or saying ahhhhhhh!

Okay? Get it?

I would certainly not have minded to pay twice as much for this very same package without swallowing or saying ahhhhhhh!

If it's just swallowing and saying ahhhhhhh! that everybody's looking for, I don't know that Sony can help you out with that. At least not at the consumer level.

But there are people who can!