Miles Davis: The Bootleg Series, volume 2

CJ Shearn

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even Chuckie's out to make money, and if you think he's entirely in it to "give" to us fans, you are simply fooling yourself.

You think Chuck does it for the money!!!!????

I didn't mean that he's getting rich by reissuing jazz recordings. I meant that he's not doing it to get poor.

Is everyone here really this naive? Why do I have to explicitly explain everything I say?

Read between the lines sometimes. It keeps the mind young!

If you feel so superior to "everyone here", what are you still doing on this board?

That's funny. You calling me smug!

Got mine in this afternoon from Germany. I actually really like the poster and the liner notes thereon. Digging the sound of the first disc!

Me too!

Now folks, let's remember this release is rated FSK 0, so let's try to keep the conversation suitable just in case any infants are viewing this thread while listening to the discs.

LOL! Everybody has gotten theirs from Germany except me!

I wouldn't mind spending an extra $2.00 for a good box with booklet, but it's the music that counts with me. For box sets, I keeps the disks after I have played them in their own jewel cases, so the quality of the original box is not of paramount importance to me.

Can folks post an image of their sticker, please?

There you are, the white one (as the Lost Quintet is suitable for newborns, if played loudly):

:crazy:

seems to be some German (?) law that every DVD or CD-set containing a DVD has to carry such a sticker ... in addition you'll get a piece of paper explaining the different categories (it was next to the poster in the slot that they thankfully "invented" in the time since Vol. 1 was released). The stickers look like this:

fsk-alterskennzeichen.png

That is, the white one of those on the right side. The ones on the left side are older versions.

Does German Amazon offer German resellers? I'm thinking I could get a German set with the sticker for a damn good price if so.

I'm at least as serious as not, because that sticker thing really kinda piques my geek...

Jim,

I ordered mine from Germany and I got no stickers.. I was even thinking when I saw your post to rip them off the package and mail them to you, but no stickers on the package at all. Could be the stickers are only put on for a package sent inside Europe.

Does German Amazon offer German resellers? I'm thinking I could get a German set with the sticker for a damn good price if so.

I'm at least as serious as not, because that sticker thing really kinda piques my geek...

Jim,

I ordered mine from Germany and I got no stickers.. I was even thinking when I saw your post to rip them off the package and mail them to you, but no stickers on the package at all. Could be the stickers are only put on for a package sent inside Europe.

You should return it and get another. It's defective. It's totally worth the wait. ;)

I no longer own a camera, believe it or not. Maybe Jim can make you one when he gets it.

do you own a PHONE? ;)

I wan't actual snaps of the stickers. Preferably with today's newspaper in shot.

I'll meet you halfway.

Meet my new desktop image! Thank you!

I own a very basic cell phone but don't have a cord to conect it to the iMac, nor know what to do with it if I did. I'm not into pictures.

I misspoke, I actually have a camera, but I no longer have the software to use it with my iMac, and the laptop I had used it with has died. So I really don't have a working camera for sharing pics. Which is okay with me.

Edited by jazzbo

I no longer own a camera, believe it or not. Maybe Jim can make you one when he gets it.

do you own a PHONE? ;)

I wan't actual snaps of the stickers. Preferably with today's newspaper in shot.

I'll meet you halfway.

Meet my new desktop image! Thank you!

I own a phone but don't have a cord to conect it to the iMac. I'm not into pictures.

You can just sms the pic if I send you my number.....