• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Think it's been pushed back to early 2013

Second bootleg box postponed (8/16/2012)

Sony has postposed until January 2013 the release date of the second installment in the Miles Davis Bootleg Series, and the reissue of the first eight Miles Davis Columbia LPs in mono will be postponed as well. In addition, the mono LP project may be licensed to the Music on Vinyl label, which has released several of Miles Davis's Columbia recordings on high-quality 180-gram vinyl.

http://www.plosin.com/MilesAhead/mdNews.html

I guess Vince Wilburn Jr *is* overdubbing over Jack DeJohnette :rolleyes: Seriously tho, what the hold up is I have no idea. Wilburn Jr. s Seriously tho, what the hold up is I have no idea. Packaging? Rights?

IIRC nearly everyone of the metal spine bo sets arrived later than first announced. I think (hope) that they're just trying to get it right. (Apple does do one ting right: they don't announce a product till it's ready to ship. )

• 2 months later...

Only 23 euro (including VAT for EU countries only) from Amazon Germany: http://www.amazon.de...x_ya_os_product

I signed up. I don't speak German. Is there anything I should know about the amazon.de page? I assume that like the Amazon UK page it automatically gets your address and credit card information from the main amazon.com databank.

Only 23 euro (including VAT for EU countries only) from Amazon Germany: http://www.amazon.de...x_ya_os_product

I signed up. I don't speak German. Is there anything I should know about the amazon.de page? I assume that like the Amazon UK page it automatically gets your address and credit card information from the main amazon.com databank.

Yep, it's all interconnected, with the exception of Amazon Japan.

I like the cover!

I like the colors ok, but...that photo is from, when, 1959?

There are some Val Wilmer photos taken from around the same time that would have made really spectacular covers. Are they dated? Yeah, sure, but when you put "1969" right there on the cover, it's not like you're running away from anything.

That cover is like this one in reverse:

1248426.jpg