Miles Davis: The Bootleg Series, volume 2

CJ Shearn

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will the European DVD be playable in the US?

The DVD that came with Vol.1 was region-free (and NTSC unfortunately, to my eyes PAL is better) and I think it's very likely this one will be too.

And one track, Walkin', included in the Complete Columbia Album Collection was excised for undoubtedly no good reason. I read somewhere something to do with the Carpenter estate, a person only credited with composing the song in question? Still pisses off.

Alan, I got a region-free DVD player for my birthday in November. They are not expensive, maybe ten dollars more than their Region 1 counterparts. I got mine (a Pioneer) from Bombay Electronics in Chicago on the internet. I suggest you look at what they have to offer.

(For Christmas I got a number of European Region 2 DVDs. It all works well.)

The DVD that came with Vol.1 was region-free (and NTSC unfortunately, to my eyes PAL is better) and I think it's very likely this one will be too.

And one track, Walkin', included in the Complete Columbia Album Collection was excised for undoubtedly no good reason. I read somewhere something to do with the Carpenter estate, a person only credited with composing the song in question? Still pisses off.

a dick is a dick is a dick ...

?

?

Well, if you want to learn everything you never wanted to know about Dicks, go here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110725234510/http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Main_Page

Dick Carpenter seems to fit that company quite snugly :ph34r:

By the way, Hans, thanks for that link to Google Translate. I've often seen it referred to, but I don't think I've ever seen the link/page before. I've bookmarked it.

You're welcome. Note, however, that the translations are sometimes pretty poor/ridiculous. It's a useful tool to get the gist of a text, though.

Well, it was quite sufficient for the amazon.de email.

By the way, Amazon gave me an estimated delivery date of February 13. I find that odd, in that that is way past the street date, yet shipped before the street date. I wonder if Amazon was prohibited by Sony from shipping it before the day it did.

By the way, Amazon gave me an estimated delivery date of February 13. I find that odd, in that that is way past the street date, yet shipped before the street date. I wonder if Amazon was prohibited by Sony from shipping it before the day it did.

Keep in mind that it can take a while for a package to cross the pond and be delivered. The other way around I usually get packages from the United States within 10-14 days, but sometimes it takes longer - at the moment I'm still waiting for a set that was mailed on December 26...

Edited by J.A.W.

Keep in mind that it can take a while for a package to cross the pond and be delivered. The other way around I usually get packages from the United States within 10-14 days, but sometimes it takes longer - at the moment I'm still waiting for a set that was mailed on December 26...

I'm waiting for a package from Amazon UK that was shipped 2 weeks ago.

OTOH, I received a package from The Netherlands (from subdist.com) in a week.

Amazon UK are usually very quick domestically if you are ordering through their warehouse. If it's from marketplace then you have to be much more patient as these are often coming from further afield. Quite a few of the cheaper things I've had recently have come from Switzerland and taken 2-3 weeks.

This month a package containing books from Amazon UK (not third party) I ordered with Free Super Saver Delivery was actually lost in transit. A first for me. Of course they promptly send me a replacement with expedited shipping.

The lost package's last known location was Grimbergen, Belgium. I wonder if it'll ever arrive in The Netherlands and what it was doing in Belgium in the first place.

Edited by erwbol

This month a package containing books from Amazon UK (not third party) I ordered with Free Super Saver Delivery was actually lost in transit. A first for me. Of course they promptly send me a replacement with expedited shipping.

The lost package's last known location was Grimbergen, Belgium. I wonder if it'll ever arrive in The Netherlands and what it was doing in Belgium in the first place.

All European Amazon "Free Super Saver Delivery" packages destined for the Netherlands seem to go through Grimbergen, Belgium. I guess it's a TNT distribution centre. I am now waiting for the Miles Bootleg 2 set from Amazon Germany that's supposed to be delivered today (Saturday), but according to the tracking number it's still at Grimbergen, so there'll probably be no delivery until sometime next week.

Edited by J.A.W.

Even cheaper in the U.K., £14.99: https://www.sainsbur...oduct=E11186720

Thanks for that.

Ordered there and got 28 points on my Nectar Card too! Nice to know I can order Miles Davis CDs alongside the shallots and bleach.

Maybe they will stock it in the racks next to the fruit and veg? Tempted by this one - and nice to get some Nectar points thrown in too.

Amazon UK are usually very quick domestically if you are ordering through their warehouse. If it's from marketplace then you have to be much more patient as these are often coming from further afield. Quite a few of the cheaper things I've had recently have come from Switzerland and taken 2-3 weeks.

FWIW, my order is from their warehouse, not from marketplace. Tracking (DHL Global Mail) has an entry as Croydon on Jan. 17. No tracking update since.

I really wouldn't worry - I had a shipping notice on the Mingus Mosaic for 13th Jan and haven't seen sight nor sound yet. I've had things arrive from there at times between 5 days and 6 weeks!

I've only ever had a couple of things go missing in trans-Atlantic purchases and in both cases I was sent replacements.

Edited by A Lark Ascending