William Parker 6 cd box set on NoBusiness

Stefan Wood

DISC SIX

Centering Dance Music Ensemble 1976 (Dawn Voice)

1. Illuminese/Voice (34:07)

2. Falling Shadows (13:06)

3. Dawn/Face Still, Hands Folded (30:52)

Rozanne Levine (clarinet); Malik Baraka, John Mingione (trumpet); Billy Bang, Ramsey Ameen (violin); William Parker (bass, recitation); Ellen Christi (voice); with Patricia Nicholson

Is this the only documentation of Ameen's playing outside of his work with Cecil Taylor? If so (and probably still so even if not), a major contribution to the discography.

DISC SIX

Rozanne Levine (clarinet); Malik Baraka, John Mingione (trumpet); Billy Bang, Ramsey Ameen (violin); William Parker (bass, recitation); Ellen Christi (voice); with Patricia Nicholson

Is this the only documentation of Ameen's playing outside of his work with Cecil Taylor? If so (and probably still so even if not), a major contribution to the discography.

I thought he was on a DAAGNIM record, I know he came to town ca. 1978-79 and we rehearsed and recorded at least one gig, but looking on the shelves, I don't see anything, so I guess not.

Wondering "whatever happened to...", this was found: http://bhss63.resolutioncorp.org/biography.htm

Not updated since 2004, though.

DISC SIX

according to the lord discography on line he also appear on these sessions:

Richard Dunbar

Running Buddies, Vol.1 : Richard Dunbar (hrn) Fred Kelly (fl) Charles Tyler (as) Ken Hutson (b) Camille Gainer (d) Lenny King (perc) Terry Jenoure, Ramsey Ameen (vln)

New York, May 22-29 & July 10, 1982

Running buddies Jahari JR102

Happy hip sad folk -

The Mimi -

Knock of opportunity -

Variation on a theme by Scott Joplin -

Synthesized existence -

Richard Dunbar

Richard Dunbar, Terry Jenourne (fhr) Fred Kelly (fl,pic) Ramsey Ameen (vln) Kevin Ross (b) Camille Gainer (d) Lenny King (perc) Artyanne Coleman (vcl)

Running buddies Jahari Rec JR102

Synthesised existence (ac vcl) -

Richard Dunbar

Running Buddies Vol Two : Richard Dunbar (fhr,p,g,el-b) Fred Kelly (fl,pic) Larry Northington (ts) Ken Hutson, Kevin Ross (b) Camille Gainer, Ron Rahsaan (d) Lenny King (perc) Terry Jenoure, Ramsey Ameen (vln)

Cup rods & wands Jahari JR103

Message in the wind -

Solar winds golden showers -

Morning rituals -

Bird feathers -

Longetivity brings its own rewards -

DG will get them, but this is an excellent label and all the reissues have been great (Muntu, Billy Bang, etc.)

freestyle-band.jpg

Service was excellent but I must confess that I wasn't too keen on this album by The Freestyle Band I bought from them.

Have had the LP for years and it's a favorite. Different strokes for different folks.

I thought he was on a DAAGNIM record, I know he came to town ca. 1978-79 and we rehearsed and recorded at least one gig, but looking on the shelves, I don't see anything, so I guess not.

Wondering "whatever happened to...", this was found: http://bhss63.resolutioncorp.org/biography.htm

Not updated since 2004, though.

Ah, I seem to recall much the same now that you mention it.

A swerve into pure mathematics... fascinating!

according to the lord discography on line he also appear on these sessions:

Richard Dunbar

Running Buddies, Vol.1 : Richard Dunbar (hrn) Fred Kelly (fl) Charles Tyler (as) Ken Hutson (b) Camille Gainer (d) Lenny King (perc) Terry Jenoure, Ramsey Ameen (vln)

Running buddies Jahari JR102

Happy hip sad folk -

The Mimi -

Knock of opportunity -

Variation on a theme by Scott Joplin -

Synthesized existence -

Richard Dunbar

Richard Dunbar, Terry Jenourne (fhr) Fred Kelly (fl,pic) Ramsey Ameen (vln) Kevin Ross (b) Camille Gainer (d) Lenny King (perc) Artyanne Coleman (vcl)

Running buddies Jahari Rec JR102

Synthesised existence (ac vcl) -

Richard Dunbar

Running Buddies Vol Two : Richard Dunbar (fhr,p,g,el-b) Fred Kelly (fl,pic) Larry Northington (ts) Ken Hutson, Kevin Ross (b) Camille Gainer, Ron Rahsaan (d) Lenny King (perc) Terry Jenoure, Ramsey Ameen (vln)

Cup rods & wands Jahari JR103

Message in the wind -

Solar winds golden showers -

Morning rituals -

Bird feathers -

Longetivity brings its own rewards -

Thanks for that info. Some interesting ensembles there.

• 2 weeks later...

I like that there is a lot of Daniel Carter in this box set, count me as a huge Carter fan.

Sorry I missed THIS; I wasn't aware that TEST is still a going concern. I once stumbled upon them playing on the platform of the Astor Place subway station some years ago and missed several trains.

I like that there is a lot of Daniel Carter in this box set, count me as a huge Carter fan.

Sorry I missed THIS; I wasn't aware that TEST is still a going concern. I once stumbled upon them playing on the platform of the Astor Place subway station some years ago and missed several trains.

Yeah, I had I hadn't heard anything about them in years. I do prefer Other Dimensions in Music, though.