Lance Armstrong

Yet another reason why skateboarding is better than any of the most popular sports. There's no way to cheat.

Judging by the skateboarders I've known, it isn't an entirely clean sport. On the other hand, I don't think marijuana is considered a performance enhancer... :g

Okay, curling. Is curling clean?

Brewskis aren't a problem, eh?

5619269343_e7232d9dc0.jpg

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....apparently Lance can't even come clean without lying...

http://www.cbsnews.c...g-lied-to-oprah

That can hardly be surprising at this point - LANCE is clearly one of the all-time top liars!

The cycling press has been all over this latest lie; the USADA "reasoned decision" (issued long before the interview) presented a clear argument that he blood-doped during his comeback (and had the chutzpah to post his improbably stable blood values online!).

The cycling press needs to investigate everybody else and their PEDs use, too.

So they get Armstrong. Big deal. The Tour de Farce is still hip deep in PED use and this will do nothing to stop that.

All for show.

Edited by GoodSpeak

So they get Armstrong. Big deal. The Tour de Farce is still hip deep in PED use and this will do nothing to stop that.

All for show.

Don't forget - "fuck the French". :rolleyes:

Well, Lance took third in the most remarkable comeback in the history of the Tour. Can the nay sayers and accusers finally admit that he is among the greatest cyclist ever? Will they finally concede that he's not a doper after he has been tested more than anyone in sport?

I think the world already knows the truth: Lance Armstrong is the best ever. The French, however, will never back off on that hate Armstrong crap.

And to quote Lance himself: "Fuck the French."

It gives me absolutely no pleasure to say this, but I wholeheartedly agree.

Funny how wrong you were then.

All for show.

Well, Lance took third in the most remarkable comeback in the history of the Tour. Can the nay sayers and accusers finally admit that he is among the greatest cyclist ever? Will they finally concede that he's not a doper after he has been tested more than anyone in sport?

I think the world already knows the truth: Lance Armstrong is the best ever. The French, however, will never back off on that hate Armstrong crap.

About what?

Lance Armstrong was the best. Period.

Look, if everybody is juicing [Which is pretty obvious by now, let's be honest here once, OK Aggie?] then nailing Armstrong is only window dressing to placate the jealous French and pretend to the world the Tour de Farce is actually doing something to curb PEDs in the sport.

It's all bullshit, Aggie. Admit it.

Has he ever been right at anytime about anyone of his idols? He was even the sole apologist on two boards for someone who enabled a serial pedophile.    Even in that post, he's yet again being an apologist. He's really a serial apologist.

Have we ever met?

My "idol" is Miles Davis.

I have no idea what you are babbling about beyond that.

Stick to the issues, not petty personality attacks, OK?

You seem to have a major problem in this area.

Edited by GoodSpeak

All for show.

About what?

Lance Armstrong was the best. Period.

Look, if everybody is juicing [Which is pretty obvious by now, let's be honest here once, OK Aggie?] then nailing Armstrong is only window dressing to placate the jealous French and pretend to the world the Tour de Farce is actually doing something to curb PEDs in the sport.

It's all bullshit, Aggie. Admit it.

Has he ever been right at anytime about anyone of his idols? He's really a serial apologist.

Have we ever met?

My "idol" is Miles Davis.

Never mind the amazing amount of music... just how is anyone your idol who was at times a pimp, addict and someone who beat women on a regular basis?

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

All the editing (especially when you leave in his response) in this thread proves how much a joke this board happens to be. Not one thing I posted wasn't accurate.

He's been a apologist for Barroid, Lanceroid, and St. Paterno....the enabler of a serial pedophile. Is there a single person who doesn't think he's not a serial apologist of any of his idols? Just read his post in responses to Aggie87...which is yet another of his apologist posts for Lanceroid. While he is so delusional he doesn't get it's the USADA (just for him....the US part means it doesn't involve France) who dropped the hammer on Lanceroid.

He insulted an entire country for one of his idols, but neither one of the moderators on here had a problem with that at the time.I would really love to see a poll taken on what I posted was worthy of being deleted.

Edited by Blue Train

All the editing (especially when you leave in his response) in this thread proves how much a joke this board happens to be. Not one thing I posted wasn't accurate.

He's been a apologist for Barroid, Lanceroid, and St. Paterno....the enabler of a serial pedophile. Is there a single person who doesn't think he's not a serial apologist of any of his idols? Just read his post in responses to Aggie87...which is yet another of his apologist posts for Lanceroid. While he is so delusional he doesn't get it's the USADA (just for him....the US part means it doesn't involve France) who dropped the hammer on Lanceroid.

He insulted an entire country for one of his idols, but neither one of the moderators on here had a problem with that at the time.I would really love to see a poll taken on what I posted was worthy of being deleted.

Scroll up.

And your screed is an insult to English speaking and reading people the world over.

This is way out of bounds and entirely false. Pedophile enabler...what gives you the right to pass off baldfaced lies like this?

If you actually read anything I write you will not that all I have ever said revolves around the foolishness of foisting all PEDs blame on big-name targets. It does nothing to stop PEDs nor will it. As to the Penn St. reference, how you get "enabler" out of a comment from a guy who lives 3,000 miles away and has never met Paterno astounds me.

Buddy, you have some serious issues, but I'm not interested in getting sucked into another pointless pissing contest with a guy who wouldn't know the truth if it leaped up and bit him on the nose.

Good-day to you, Sir.

Scroll up.

And your screed is an insult to English speaking and reading people the world over.

This is way out of bounds and entirely false. Pedophile enabler...what gives you the right to pass off baldfaced lies like this?

If you actually read anything I write you will not that all I have ever said revolves around the foolishness of foisting all PEDs blame on big-name targets. It does nothing to stop PEDs nor will it. As to the Penn St. reference, how you get "enabler" out of a comment from a guy who lives 3,000 miles away and has never met Paterno astounds me.

Buddy, you have some serious issues, but I'm not interested in getting sucked into another pointless pissing contest with a guy who wouldn't know the truth if it leaped up and bit him on the nose.

Good-day to you, Sir.

1. You really want to go with all "If you actually read anything I write you will not that all I have ever said revolves around the foolishness of foisting all PEDs blame on big-name targets." and pretend everyone who read your posts on two boards now has Alzheimer's? 2. St. Paterno wasn't an enabler of a serial pedophile? Are you now going back to your poor St. Paterno did all he could do B.S.? 3. Mr Irony strikes again with that last sentence on top of the part involving English. I won't comment on why the later is especially funny coming from you. That would just end up being edited out by one of the moderators.

Edited by Blue Train

On any other internet board I frequent, you both would have been banned ages ago, so I wouldn't cry too much.

Go ahead and have us banned, but don't leave out all the rest of you that would have been banned pretty much long ago. There is a reason it was decided at some point on here that the political forum can't be seen without being a member, and members can opt-out of even seeing it.I said several times. I have no idea why the owners put up with all the harm many of you were doing to them monetarily. Oh yeah, the first person that should have been banned so long ago should have been Dan Gould. As little as I think of Mr. Irony (who should have been banned long ago)....he's not a semi-sociopath who regularly insults/threatens other members....but he's still here because he's a friend of the board's owner. Just how many members would be left if everyone that should have been banned long ago would be posting right now?

Edited by Blue Train

Us...?

M'kay.

More of a reflection of the other boards, I'll admit. They're really into 'enforced civility', if you know what I mean.

On any other internet board I frequent, you both would have been banned ages ago, so I wouldn't cry too much.

Go ahead and have us banned, but don't leave out all the rest of you that would have been banned pretty much long ago. There is a reason it was decided at some point on here that the political forum can't be seen without being a member, and members can opt-out of even seeing it.I said several times. I have no idea why the owners put up with all the harm many of you were doing to them monetarily. Oh yeah, the first person that should have been banned so long ago should have been Dan Gould. As little as I think of Mr. Irony (who should have been banned long ago)....he's not a semi-sociopath who regularly insults/threatens other members....but he's still here because he's a friend of the board's owner. Just how many members would be left if everyone that should have been banned long ago would be posting right now?

So if Danny jumps off the roof, does that mean you're going to do it to? Do you have any arguments that you didn't use when you were five?

And believe me, I have absolutely no influence on who get bans around here. Or (obviously) who gets reinstated after a ban. (NOT a dig at you, Blue Train; I'm sure longtimers know what asshat I'm referring to...)

Edited by Jazzmoose

So if Danny jumps off the roof, does that mean you're going to do it to? Do you have any arguments that you didn't use when you were five?

And believe me, I have absolutely no influence on who get bans around here. Or (obviously) who gets reinstated after a ban. (NOT a dig at you, Blue Train; I'm sure longtimers know what asshat I'm referring to...)

Point out where I insulted or threatened another member.

The best part is what was edited out of post 208 is what's still now in post 209.

My point was there are a lot of people for whatever reason are allowed to still post on here. Including someone who was banned for life on a board that doesn't even have a moderator. Think about that.

I have no idea who you're talking about so I can't comment.

Edited by Blue Train

Agreed (to Noj's poster -- too long to quote). How running around trying to get someone else banned can be thought of as mature behaviour is beyond me. The ignore member/user function is a beautiful thing. More people here should practice it, for their own piece of mind really. I wish more places where you can comment (like the Guardian newspaper Comment is Free* area) would embrace it.

* Recent changes have made the Guardian's little playpen space even worse, but I guess that's good in the sense I spend less time there now.

Edited by ejp626

Re: doping, I doubt much has changed since Lance's reign over the TDF. Contador's "contaminated meat" and Franck Schleck's similar story are pretty suspect. Wiggins is full of shit, in general. Personally, as I've said elsewhere, my jury is still out on the whole thing - doping in cycling is a complex problem that is nearly impossible to root out.

• 2 months later...