Lance Armstrong

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a toothless "victory" for the USADA.

The International Cycling Union does not recognize their assumed right to take away or ban Armstrong from anything.

USADA is asked by UCI to justify itself

USADA has a political bug up its ass and an ax to grind relative to Armstrong, if you ask me.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Where are the Moderators...?

A post-reporting click of the mouse away, if you really need to find them.

I'll be honest with you Jim...

I am really trying to avoid conflict with Blue Train and Mike Schwartz. But these guys seek me out and say stupid shit about me on a regular basis.

TBH, I am at a complete loss as to what to to do to stop this crap.

Just as I predicted, Armstrong's brand is strong enough to avoid any kind of consequential backlash. To wit:

Nike Statement:

"Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors."

Edited by Dave James

Just as I predicted, Armstrong's brand is strong enough to avoid any kind of consequential backlash. To wit:

Nike Statement:

"Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors."

"Just Do It". And if you can't, juice up.

Nike Statement:

Is anyone surprised with fanatics like this?

I am curious. Since it's apparent that it's okay to in essence to say "Fuck all the French" on this board. Is it okay on this board for any other liked minded to say the equivalent with anyone of color, all those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Homosexual,...maybe even say let's turn Iran and the 78 million people who live there into a grease spot (oh yeah, the same "fanatic" made it very clear he's all for that as well.)....or is it basically some sort of "Freedom Fries" thing which makes it okay to say "Fuck the 65 million people who live in France"?

Edited by Blue Train

Here's a good one: Livestrong donations skyrocket in wake of Lance Armstrong’s decision to stop fighting charges

On one hand, P. T. Barnum and H. L. Mencken seem to have flattered American sports fandom;

On the other hand, I suppose the money's going to a good cause (I'd like to see Livestrong's expense/management fee ratios, though).

Headline seems a little misleading when the donations "skyrocketed" to something like $78k. Sure, up from $3k the day before, but hardly a groundswell ...

Edited by Eric

roger goodel suspends lance armstrong

roger goodel suspends lance armstrong

"By PFM Staff

“This here’s my suspendin’ pen. I call her ‘Old Betsy.’ Now stand back and watch me rock!”

One day after superstar cyclist Lance Armstrong was banned from professional cycling by the USADA and saw his seven Tour de France titles rescinded, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced that he too was suspending Armstrong permanently from all NFL games and other league functions.

“Lance Armstrong’s shameful actions are a disappointment to the entire sporting world, and I’m sorry to say that he has no place here in the NFL,” Goodell said at a hastily called press conference. “We regret to inform Mr. Armstrong that he will not only be barred from playing in any NFL games from this point forward, he may not practice or otherwise associate with any league team without my office’s express written consent.”

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Nike Statement:

Is anyone surprised with fanatics like this?

I am curious. Since it's apparent that it's okay to in essence to say "Fuck all the French" on this board. Is it okay on this board for any other liked minded to say the equivalent with anyone of color, all those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Homosexual,...maybe even say let's turn Iran and the 78 million people who live there into a grease spot (oh yeah, the same "fanatic" made it very clear he's all for that as well.)....or is it basically some sort of "Freedom Fries" thing which makes it okay to say "Fuck the 65 million people who live in France"?

Blue Train -- You've got to reach back to 2009 and dredge this up and then drape it in some "general" point about are we OK here with disparagement of "anyone of color, all those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Homosexual" etc. in order (or so it seems to me) to get at someone you have a long unhappy/angry history with on another board? Yeesh. I'll leave this post of yours up for a while so we can all walk around it and wonder at what must be going here.

Lance will heretofore receive no more Christmas cards from me!

Seriously, I think the public is simply 'roided out. And it's really hard to care about a cyclist who won a bunch of races in France when you have athletes cheating in more all-American games like baseball. ;)

I think the bigger issue that we, as both fans and players, have to address in these technological times is just where to draw the line in "gaining an edge" in order to "win at all costs." How is taking a bunch of vitamins necessarily different from taking designer chemicals that also help the body process energy more efficiently... and so on? It's not going to get any easier as spitballs give way to gene therapies.