Goodbye ads, Hello fundraiser...

Jim Alfredson

After initially earning around $130 a month (close to the $150 server costs for this website) via Google Ads, I thought we'd be okay. But the earnings have dropped off considerably since that first month to the point where last month the ads only brought in around $40. I'm currently $600 in the hole for this server. Obviously the ads are not effective (and they are annoying), so I turned them off. That means we need to raise some money.

My paypal is b3groover@hotmail.com

We have a new PO Box, but I'd rather you send checks to my home address because I am leaving for a two-month tour with Janiva Magness on Tuesday and I won't be able to check the PO Box. If you want to send a check, please PM me for my home address (don't really want to post it here).

Thanks!

Oh, and make checks out to me, not organissimo.

Edited by Jim Alfredson

I like fundraisers better than ads anyways.

(Although I did notice when I logged in recently that right below my login field there was a notice from some hot girl on facebook who said she wanted to meet me. And she was "online now!" too. Will she go away with the ads? Better question: was she paying you to wink as we logged in?)

Will send some cashola soon. Thanks for one of the few truly engaging roadside attractions on the internets.

James

Thanks, everyone. With the checks coming (got a few PMs) we should have enough to get us out of the hole. I think maybe thrice yearly fundraisers are the way to go. $600 at a time, three times a year.

Good.

Sorry I've been MIA lately, but I have a lot of stuff going on.

Actually, even better.

MG

Forgive me Jim, but could you post a link to make it easier for the computer challenged?

The only link I can give you is the Paypal homepage.

www.paypal.com

Go there, click on "Send Money" and follow the instructions. You'll need the email address I use for Paypal payments, which is b3groover@hotmail.com. You do not need to be a member of Paypal to send the money. You can simply use a credit card.

If all that is German to you, than don't worry about it. :)

Forgive me Jim, but could you post a link to make it easier for the computer challenged?

The only link I can give you is the Paypal homepage.

www.paypal.com

Go there, click on "Send Money" and follow the instructions. You'll need the email address I use for Paypal payments, which is b3groover@hotmail.com. You do not need to be a member of Paypal to send the money. You can simply use a credit card.

If all that is German to you, than don't worry about it. :)

But the problem is, you can't just send money using a credit card -- you end up creating a Paypal account, and I don't want one. (I just tried to do it.) I had some problems with one years ago, and don't wish to start up again.