Moving vinyl cross-country in summer heat

Thanks Rod!

Yeah, sure Pete, that'd be great. We'll be in town next week to settle on an apt. Looking in Crown Heights and Kensington for sure, maybe parts of Greenpoint if there's still anything affordable there. I'm a little leery of Bed-Stuy and Bushwick though I suppose like anywhere else, there are good blocks and bad ones.

Bushwick is becoming an extension of Williamsburg; I have several hip young coworkers who live there.

You're right. My son lives there.

Congrats and good luck with the move, Clifford. My LP collection went over the Atlantic and back in a container ship so you shouldn't have too many problems. I ended up boxing them in substantial cardboard boxes and also utilising some old record cases that I had. For high value/rare items you might want to consider transferring them separately 'in person'. I think that's what I would do.

Sounds like you'll be near the Academy Records Williamsburg Annex with your move - and consequently able to spend an absolute fortune on rare and wonderful stuff before the rest of us punters get a sniff. Lucky you ! :tup:D

Edited by sidewinder

Part of me wishes I was doing the same but the majority of me is glad I'm not moving anymore. Well at least not until they put the tag on my toe and give me my last ride on a gurney. :crazy:

I hear you on that one !

Most of us here will need two gurneys. One for ourselves and one for the Mosaics.. :blink:

Sounds like you'll be near the Academy Records Williamsburg Annex with your move - and consequently able to spend an absolute fortune on rare and wonderful stuff before the rest of us punters get a sniff. Lucky you ! :tup:D

The Williamsburg Annex is usually pretty picked over in my experience; I think the Village one has better records, but what I'm curious about is the Record Grouch. Apparently one of the better record stores in New York, and I'd not heard of it until recently.