The Complete Roost Sonny Stitt Studio Sessions is Running Low

The Mosaic mail says as subject: last chance. In the mail and on the Website mosiac says running low.

Actually, the e-mail is inconsistent, with a Subject "Sonny Stitt - Last Chance" and a caption that says "Limited Edition Collection - Running Low".

Been salivating over this one for a long time - I ordered my copy today (like some earlier posters I hit the panic button immediately when I saw the "Last Chance" subject line in the e-mail from Mosaic!). Really looking forward to hearing it.

There were a bunch I had on my hunting list that were higher than this but one September they put 5 or 6 sets on a special discount. The high disc count had kept me away so along with the sale price I believe my excuses for buying it were "Well, you have 14 Mobley albums (and a few other tenor leader album counts were rattled off) and just one Stitt? That's not right" and I also noticed the remastered by Malcolm Addey part. I'm so glad I did. Just grab a disc, any disc, and put it in. If I remember right it's not one of those sets with loads of alternates (they have their place). Some of it has that "they're playing in the room" feel, if you ever imagine yourself so lucky to have a band scuff up your listening room furniture. There were other sets I bought that I was more enthused about that haven't been as played as much as this one.

Edited by Quincy

1340817496' post='1206345']

You guys convinced me. To be honest I don't have any other Sonny Stitt. I just ordered it but I'm running out of shelf space. (One of the reasons I'm now downloading music more than I'm buying cds. )

No Sonny? Ya gotta have Mr. Badass!

1340817496' post='1206345']

You guys convinced me. To be honest I don't have any other Sonny Stitt. I just ordered it but I'm running out of shelf space. (One of the reasons I'm now downloading music more than I'm buying cds. )

No Sonny? Ya gotta have Mr. Badass!

Well I've got him with Dizzy & Stan and with Art Pepper but none as a leader.

How's the session with Don Patterson? That's the one I'm the most curious about.

Up - how's the Patterson session? Maybe if it is still around by the time I get my tax refund ...

I would say more mellow than greasy. It helps add a bit of variety to the box.

Edited by Quincy