8 Ray Charles Complete ABC Singles

9 Ray Charles Live In France 1961

10 Roscoe Mitchell Before There Was Sound

11 Sir Roland Hanna Colors From a Giant’s Kit

12 Magic Sam Blues Band West Side Soul

13 Soft Machine NDR Workshop

14 Juma Sultan’s Aboriginal Music Society Father of Origin

15 Von Freeman Have No Fear

Really sort of crazy. They have ignored me for about 30 years (no reviews at all) until this year. First a short piece about my issues a couple of months back lumping together short reviews of 5 of my releases and now this. It seems someone sitting on a cloud looked down and gave the ok.

10 Roscoe Mitchell Before There Was Sound

This was the most important "historical issue" in quite a while in that it didn't just collect together old stuff everybody already knew/knew about, it exposed something altogether unknown of and about people places and things that would go on to be even more known and even more important.

AFAIC, stuff like this deserve a category unto itself.

Really sort of crazy. They have ignored me for about 30 years (no reviews at all) until this year. First a short piece about my issues a couple of months back lumping together short reviews of 5 of my releases and now this. It seems someone sitting on a cloud looked down and gave the ok.

I'm not sure what it might mean to you, but regardless of whatever approbations may have been issued on the part of the powers that be, I know for certain that your catalog holds a really certain and important place in the hearts and minds of man on the street musicians and critics. I guess history, ultimately, reconfirms the quality that was always there. The early Art Ensemble sides, People In Sorrow, and Nonaah (not exclusively, but among others) are definitive recordings for people in my peer group in the improv world--we talk about this stuff in the same breadth as Bird's Savoy recordings, the Hot Fives and Sevens, Miles on Columbia, Trane on Impulse, Ornette on Atlantic, etc. etc.--it's absolutely defining music for a certain aesthetic and ethos, and I think there's a definitely a synergy with Nessa in there. In other words, and I'm sure I'm just reiterating what others have been saying for decades, but your place in the jazz annals is more than secure.