ICP Box set

rostasi

Hello folks,

Got this notice in the mail today. Been on reserve for months now

and would love to see it actually come out, but they are waiting

for at least 300 reservations. I'm hoping that some of you could

help out - either by reserving a copy or by posting it to someone

you know who'd be interested. We all thank you!

We would like to keep you up to date about the box you ordered. Right now we have almost 270 reservations. To actually produce the box, we need 300 reservations. You can help us push that number to 300. Since you are a fan of ICP, perhaps you can help this process along by informing your like-minded friends about this unique set of recordings. An easy way to tell them is by putting the link on Facebook. You just copy this link: http://www.icporchestra.com/icpbox/.'>http://www.icporchestra.com/icpbox/. Then you go to Facebook and copy the link where you usually put your status update and you click 'Share'. Now all your friends are in the know.

Dear friend,

I ordered the ICP box! A box to celebrate 45 years of Instant Composers Pool. The music that is released during all these years has now been collected and is planned to be released as a special edition box. It will contain 50 cd's, 3 dvd's, will include bonus material that has never been released before and a photo-book of the rich ICP-history as shot by Pieter Boersma. Every box is numbered and unique because Han Bennink himself will be painting each copy by hand! And I will pick it up on a organized day where Han Bennink is painting the box personally.

You can order the box via http://www.icporchestra.com/icpbox/

Best,

We will also organise a Big Box Day where you can physically collect your ICP-box if you are in the neighborhood. (And save € 40 on package and delivery costs !) Han Bennink will be there to autograph them, and we’ll even have a bit of live music by ICP musicians. When and where the Big Box Day happens depends of course on when we have the 300 reservations necessary to get this show on the road…

We hope we can count on your help to make this box possible. We are looking forward!

Best,

Challenge Records Int.

http://www.challengerecords.com

Edited by rostasi

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought they would have reached the 300 mark by now

thinking seriously 'bout getting it but what a financial layout -> 399 euros plus 40 shipping

Makes it over $550 Australian - never spent that amount on a single box set (closest was the Ellington RCA)

Admittedly it will be 50CD's plus 3DVD's - will end up costing about $10 to $11 per item making it more justifiable

hopefully that live dolphy title will be included (don't think there is any more left in the can)

Someone convince me!! (maybe dip into my tax return for this year)

Thought they would have reached the 300 mark by now

thinking seriously 'bout getting it but what a financial layout -> 399 euros plus 40 shipping

Makes it over $550 Australian - never spent that amount on a single box set (closest was the Ellington RCA)

Admittedly it will be 50CD's plus 3DVD's - will end up costing about $10 to $11 per item making it more justifiable

hopefully that live dolphy title will be included (don't think there is any more left in the can)

Someone convince me!! (maybe dip into my tax return for this year)

I think it's more the price for something that big than if there are 300 fans.

While I am all in. I would save your money for more important things in life. I get the feeling they will eventually reissue most of them as individual releases. Look what happened with the Cecil Taylor FMP box.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

"Dear improv lovers,

Good news, we have hit the 300 reservations-mark! We are now in the process of putting together

the photobook with Pieter Boersma and gathering all the materials that will make up the boxed catalogue.

We've got some photos to show you our progress."

icpfoto1.jpg

"At your request we will offer the possibility to pick up the box at a special event.

We are working towards a date at the end September, but exact date,

time and location will be revealed in our next update."

"A few details that were not yet certain when we opened for reservations have now been confirmed.

The box will contain some never before released material from a radio broadcast marking the birth of ICP,

baptized ICP000. With this new addition to the catalogue, the total number of discs in this box will be 52 cd's and 2 dvd's!"

"The box will also contain a blueprint of the fabled 'camel-chair' as constructed during ICP's performance of

'Met welbeleefde groet van de kameel' (With Sincerest Regards from the Camel)."

http://www.icporchestra.com/icpbox/

• 1 month later...