pre-Halloween sale

I really meant to have the list complete by now, but I'll just list a few things and add more tonight (have to work actually :( ). Shipping to Canada will be $4 for 1-3 items, $6 for 4-8.

Shipping to the US will be $6 for 1-3 items and $10 up to 10. Beyond that, I'll have to get a quote. I'll need to get a quote on shipping to Europe. (There is a good chance I will be in Seattle in late July and could mail from there, which would reduce shipping. Indicate if you want to consider this in your PM.)

15 Integrale Louis Armstrong vol 6 3CDs (Fremeaux)

Also, have a very clean copy of The Birth of the Third Stream (Schuller, Lewis, Giuffre, et al.) available. Not a cut out. Hard to know how to price it, so let me know if interested and we can discuss.

Thanks for looking. More tonight.

Edited by ejp626

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from a complete listing, but I have a few more (possibly listed before):

18 Woody Shaw Two More Pieces of the Puzzle (32 Jazz) light marks on both discs, not affecting play

4 Wayne Shorter Super Nova (BN)

HOLD 3 Jimmy Smith Go for Whatcha Know (BN)

Proper Boxes - $10 each (currently on HOLD)

Count Basie

Sidney Bechet

Bix Beiderbeck

Benny Carter

Coleman Hawkins

Woody Herman

Illinois Jacquet

Sonny Stitt

Ben Webster

Swing Tanzen Verboten

I also have the Coleman Hawkins Affinity set but the booklet is missing (bought that way actually). PM if interested.

I have a few Mosaic Selects I hope to sell, but want to double check condition before listing them. Should be up tonight.

Edited by ejp626

I also have the Coleman Hawkins Affinity set but the booklet is missing (bought that way actually). PM if interested.

I don't think there ever was a booklet with it. I've made up my own discography for it if anyone wants one.

Perhaps not, though there is a bit of extra space in the box that looks like it might have held a booklet.

I don't think there ever was a booklet with it. I've made up my own discography for it if anyone wants one.

Perhaps not, though there is a bit of extra space in the box that looks like it might have held a booklet.

My set has a 32 page booklet with notes by Alun Morgan + disco

My set has a 32 page booklet with notes by Alun Morgan + disco

Wow! Any chance you could scan it for me?

Working somewhat backwards. Some have been listed previously, and I am dropping most prices.

HOLD 9 David Murray Picasso

HOLD 3 Bird At The Hi Hat by Charlie Parker (BN)

HOLD 14 Art Pepper Live at Donte's 1968 (Fresh Sounds) 2 CDs, light marks on CD2 not affecting play

HOLD 7 Complete Free Wheeling Sessions by Art Pepper and Ted Brown (Lonehill)

HOLD 5 Houston Person Blue Odyssey (OJC) sawcut in spine, very minor mark not affecting play

HOLD 5 Exclusively for My Friends: Lost Tapes by Oscar Peterson

HOLD 5 Bud Powell Strictly Confidential (Black Lion)

HOLD 8 Prestige Jazz Quartet (Teddy Charles/Mal Waldron/Addison Farmer) (OJC - Prestige) very minor marks not affecting play

HOLD 5 Max Roach Legendary Hasaan / Drums Unlimited (Collectables)

HOLD 3 The 80th Birthday Concert by George Russell (some scuffs)

HOLD 5 Charlie Rouse-Red Rodney Social Call (Uptown) light marks on CD not affecting play; hole in UPC

(see consolidated list on p. 2)

Edited by ejp626

Thanks for the responses. I've been out hiking all day* (no, not the Appalachian Trail), so I will respond to PMs and then list some more CDs tonight.

* Went with a group from work up to the Norvan Falls. 14 km trail. Feeling too old for this sort of thing, or at least having to keep up with a younger crowd. Still quite stunning scenery.

norvan-falls.jpg

Still quite stunning scenery.

Looks very nice ! Watch out on a trail in BC, up near Whistler, called 'Lost Lake'. I ended up getting well and truly lost in there many years ago and it took a 'Deliverance' type search for civilisation to get out of it. In the end we heard the distant sound of some trucks..

Edited by sidewinder

A few price drops above. Will try to press through with the rest this morning.

I've decided to sell my Africa 50 years of Music box set:

variousartists_africa50yearsofindependence_cm.jpg

This is the 18 CD version. After a year, they came out with 2 bonus discs, and it isn't clear whether they will be available separately. As you can imagine, a lot of Stern's customers were fairly peeved. That isn't why I am selling, however. I just don't have shelf space any longer.

I think $50 plus shipping is fair.

The CDs themselves all appear near mint. There is some water damage to the set, but nothing that should really affect your enjoyment. The larger box has no damage. There is a little bit of damage to the front cover of the book (mostly a bit of crinkling to the lower right edge). The pages aren't stuck together or anything. The water damage is essentially confined to 4 of the paper sleeves that hold the CDs. West Africa 2 and West Africa 3 are just a bit crinkled. North Africa 2 and North Africa 3 are crinkled and were stuck together, so you can see where a bit of the design tore away when they were separated. This is fairly superficial damage (the CDs aren't exposed or anything like that). And indeed, the track listings are still perfectly legible on all 4 sleeves. Obviously, I wish there was no damage, but it's pretty minor all things considered. I can send photos if you are interested in the set, but concerned.

Ok, back to the main listings...

Was hoping to wrap up, but am maybe 25% done and I have to run off and do a few other things. More listings tonight. The first batch should be the first time listing here (but I may slip here and there). Second group are previously listed but still available (for a short time only since I want them all gone by end of August). I'll have to figure out shipping on large orders, but there will definitely be some kind of discount. As always, thanks for looking!

HOLD 6 Toshiko Akiyoshi Last Live in Blue Note

HOLD 12 Herb and Lorraine Geller Two of a Kind (Fresh Sound) 2 CDs

HOLD 4 James Moody/Frank Foster in Paris (Fr. Vogue) cut to front and back artwork

HOLD 4 Sonny Rollins Road Shows Vol. 1

HOLD 16 Woody Shaw Last of the Line (32 Jazz) scratch on CD1, light marks on CD 2, neither affecting play

HOLD 10 Mal Waldron/Max Roach Explorations to the Mth Degree (Slam) 2 Cds, light marks on CD1 not affecting play

HOLD 13 Duke Jordan Double Duke Steeplechase 2CDs

HOLD 13 Tete Montoliu Hot House (Steeplechase) 2 CDs

HOLD 10 David Murray For Aunt Louise

HOLD 6 McCoy Tyner Sama Layuca (OJC)

HOLD 8 Portraits of Thelonious Monk by Randy Weston

HOLD 8 Randy Weston Berkshire Blues (Black Lion)

HOLD 5 V.A. Lonesome & Blue (Blue Note) (has Hutcherson's Wichita Lineman!)

HOLD 4 V.A. Rare Grooves (BN Rare)

Edited by ejp626

PM sent on

12 Herb and Lorraine Geller Two of a Kind (Fresh Sound) 2 CDs

4 Sonny Rollins Road Shows Vol. 1

10 Mal Waldron/Max Roach Explorations to the Mth Degree (Slam) 2 Cds, light marks on CD1 not affecting play

PM on

4 Ben Webster & Sweets Edison Ben & Sweets (Columbia)

8 Portraits of Thelonious Monk by Randy Weston

8 Randy Weston Berkshire Blues (Black Lion)

10 David Murray For Aunt Louise

6 Toshiko Akiyoshi Last Live in Blue Note

Edited by romualdo

Same as yesterday, first batch should be first listings, and second are last chance CDs. Still a lot more to list, hopefully tonight.

HOLD 6 Art Tatum God is in the House, 1940-41 (High Note) light marks to CD not affecting play

HOLD 5 Bobby Timmons Trio In Person (OJC/Riverside) very light scratch, not affecting play

HOLD 6 Jimmy Woods Awakening!! (OJC Limited/Contemporary)

HOLD 8 Leo Wright Soul Talk (Water)

HOLD 5 Wailin by Harold Mabern (Prestige) light marks to CD not affecting play

Edited by ejp626

PM on the way for:

7 Duke Ellington At the Cotton Club 2CDs Storyville - super light mark on CD2 not affecting play

4 James Moody/Frank Foster in Paris (Fr. Vogue) cut to front and back artwork

5 Houston Person Blue Odyssey (OJC) sawcut in spine, very minor mark not affecting play

8 Prestige Jazz Quartet (Teddy Charles/Mal Waldron/Addison Farmer) (OJC - Prestige) very minor marks not affecting play

3 The 80th Birthday Concert by George Russell (some scuffs)

3 Jimmy Smith Go for Whatcha Know (BN)

6 Art Tatum God is in the House, 1940-41 (High Note) light marks to CD not affecting play

5 Bobby Timmons Trio In Person (OJC/Riverside) very light scratch, not affecting play

6 McCoy Tyner Sama Layuca (OJC)

5 V.A. Lonesome & Blue (Blue Note)

4 V.A. Rare Grooves (BN Rare)

6 Jimmy Woods Awakening!! (OJC Limited/Contemporary)

8 Leo Wright Soul Talk (Water)

Thanks,

John

Vancouver BC

Keep running into CDs I haven't listed previously, which makes the process longer. At any rate, first batch should be newly listed, and second group have been listed previously. Thanks for looking!

HOLD 4 Abdullah Ibrahim Capetown Flowers (Enja) light scratches to CD not affecting play

HOLD 15 Joe McPhee Tenor & Fallen Angels (hatOlogy 544) thin digipack version

HOLD 9 Joe McPhee Oleo (hatOlogy 579) thin digipack version, light scratch not affecting play

HOLD 4 Heroes by J. J. Johnson (and friends)

HOLD 9 Clifford Jordan Mosaic (Milestone) hole drilled in CD edge, mark on CD on outer edge outside playing area

Edited by ejp626

A few more, actually more in the Last Chance pile. Will try to get through all listings and consolidate list shortly. Note that due to the backlog and some work-events, shipping from Seattle is now scheduled for the 28th. Hope that won't be a problem. I can always ship from Vancouver, but price will be higher for US addresses. Thanks for looking.

HOLD 6 Gillespie-Stitt-Monk-Blakey Giants of Jazz in Berlin '71 (EmArcy) very light marks not affecting play

HOLD 3 Grant Green Feelin' the Spirit (BN) very light marks not affecting play

HOLD 4 Clifford Jordan Soul Fountain (Wounded Bird)

HOLD 5 Edmond Hall Petite Fleur (Mighty Quinn)

HOLD 8 John Hardee Hardee's Partee: Forgotten Texas Tenor

HOLD 7 Julius Hemphill Coon Bid'Ness Black Lion

HOLD 5 J.J. Johnson, Kai Winding and Benny Green Trombone By Three (OJC-Prestige)

HOLD 4 Elvin Jones The Truth (Live) (HalfNote) digipack, light scratches towards outside of disc not affecting play

HOLD 10 And Then Again / Midnight Walk by Elvin Jones (Atlantic) light marks not affecting play

HOLD 3 Young at Heart by James Moody light marks not affecting play

Edited by ejp626