pre-Halloween sale

pm

10John Coltrane Quartet Live in Paris July 1965 (Gambit) 2 CDs very light scratch to CD2 not affecting play

8 Bill Evans Brandeis Jazz Festival 1957 (Gambit) light marks not affecting play

10 Tal Farlow Complete 1956 Private Recordings (Definitive) 2 CDs

3 Wes Montgomery Far Wes (Pacific Jazz)

4 Gerry Mulligan and His Quartet and Bob Brookmeyer In Concert, Olympia - October 6th, 1962m

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pm

10John Coltrane Quartet Live in Paris July 1965 (Gambit) 2 CDs very light scratch to CD2 not affecting play

8 Bill Evans Brandeis Jazz Festival 1957 (Gambit) light marks not affecting play

10 Tal Farlow Complete 1956 Private Recordings (Definitive) 2 CDs

3 Wes Montgomery Far Wes (Pacific Jazz)

4 Gerry Mulligan and His Quartet and Bob Brookmeyer In Concert, Olympia - October 6th, 1962m

Should have most of these still. Let me go take a look.

PM on:

6 Art Blakey Orgy in Rhythm (BN Conn) very light marks on outer part of CD not affecting play

5 Art Blakey Ritual (BN) liner notes have some warping, very light marks not affecting play

3 Art Blakey Caravan (OJC/Riverside) very light marks not affecting play

3 Art Blakey The Freedom Rider (BN)

*3 Ornette Coleman Tomorrow is the Question (OJC-Contemporary)

*4 Ornette Coleman New York is Now (BN) tiny mark on CD

*5 Ornette Coleman Love Call (BN)

6 Ted Curson Tears for Dolphy (Black Lion)

4 Miles Davis-Stan Getz-Mulligan-Konitz-Rollins Conception (OJC/Prestige) light marks not affecting play

8 Duke Ellington Fargo ND 1940 (Jazz Classics) 2 CDs, very light marks on CD2 not affecting play

5 Herb Ellis Meets Stan Getz, Eldridge, Art Pepper & Giuffre (Lonehill)

4 Jimmy Forrest Black Forrest (Delmark) some creases to artwork

6 Von Freeman Serenade and Blues (Chief) a few marks not affecting play

8 The Tony Fruscella & Brew Moore Quintet. The 1954 Unissued Atlantic Session Fresh Sounds

6 Talkin About by Grant Green (BN)

4 Coleman Hawkins Hawk in Hi-Fi (RCA)

5 Joe Henderson State of the Tenor (BN) 2 CDs

2 Milt Jackson Bag's Opus (BN) thin sawcut along spine

10 Steve Lacy-Daniel Humair-Anthony Cox Work (Sketch)

4 Rudresh Mahanthappa-Bunky Green Apex (Pi) digipack, couple of light marks on CD edge outside playing area

8 Oscar Pettiford Nonet and Octet (Fresh Sounds)

3 Sonny Rollins Plus 4 (OJC Prestige)

3 Ben Webster King of the Tenors (Verve)

10 Randy Weston Blues to Africa (Freedom)

2 Monk Straight No Chaser (Columbia - 1996 remaster)

2 Monk Criss-Cross (Columbia - 1993 remaster)

3 Monk Monk (Columbia - 2002 remaster)

Just a handful of CDs to add:

40 Ornette Coleman Beauty Is A Rare Thing: The Complete Atlantic Recordings 6 CDs set. CDs in good condition. Outer box has quite a bit of wear to corners and edges.

3 Sonny Rollins Worktime (OJC) not sure of year but not 2009 remaster

As a note, I'll be out of town until late Sat. so I will only be able to respond to PMs intermittently. I'll be looking over some additional sets to price when I return.

I can't remember and don't have the box (played the shit out of the college radio station's copy many years ago), but is there any material here that wasn't released on LP? I have all the Atlantics including Twins, Empty Foxhole and To Whom Who Keeps a Record. Am I missing anything? Can't-miss alternates?

I can't remember and don't have the box (played the shit out of the college radio station's copy many years ago), but is there any material here that wasn't released on LP? I have all the Atlantics including Twins, Empty Foxhole and To Whom Who Keeps a Record. Am I missing anything? Can't-miss alternates?

I think there were about a half-dozen tracks that saw their first release on this.

BTW, Empty Foxhole was on Blue Note, later vintage, with his son on drums.

BTW, Empty Foxhole was on Blue Note, later vintage, with his son on drums.

D'oh!

I meant the other ugly Ornette artwork album, Art of the Improviser.

Edited by clifford_thornton

• 2 months later...

HOLD 35 Ornette Coleman Beauty Is A Rare Thing: The Complete Atlantic Recordings 6 CDs set. CDs in good condition. Outer box has quite a bit of wear to corners and edges.

This is still available with small price drop.

I have the Jelly Roll Morton JSP set for $15.

Newly listed:

$50 (plus shipping) Albert Ayler Holy Ghost box -- CDs are mostly in VG condition. All inserts are in near-mint condition. I noted a small surface spot on one of the CDs. I can go into more detail if interested.

$8 Divine Sarah Vaughan (Columbia) 2 CDs

Inspired by the Leo sale, I am offering the following (all are near-mint). I can't match their prices, but the shipping would be lower on per CD basis.

$6 Alati, Iselasi, Radaele, Scianjino I am surprised ...

$6 Joelle Leandre/William Parker - Live at Dunois

$6 Glenn Hall/Roswell Rudd The Roswell Incident

$5 The Remote Viewers Stranded Depots

$6 Simon Nabatov Nature Morte

$10 Moye-Tchicai-Geerken The African Tapes (2 CDs)

Finally I have the OOP Stan Kenton Mosaic set for offer. The CDs are near mint.

I would prefer a trade for any of the following in-print sets:

Woody Herman Columbia

Coleman Hawkins

Charles Mingus

I'll entertain other offers or selling the set outright. PM me.

There is a moderate chance I will be in Seattle this upcoming weekend, which would probably cut down on shipping for either the Ayler set or the Kenton set (if selling outright).

Thanks for looking!

Edited by ejp626

One batch more from Leo Records (near mint)

$7 Simon Nabatov-Han Bennink Chat Room (Leo)

$8 Ivo Perelman-Louis Sclavis The Ventriloquist (Leo)

($14 for both)

These two are somewhat limited and are not part of the big Dec. sale at Leo Records. Pretty interesting, and I particularly like The Ventriloquist, but I have no space left on the shelves...

I won't be in Seattle this weekend, but probably last week of December.

Edited by ejp626