red wing blackbird

I got smacked in the back of the head by a male red-winged blackbird last week. They're nesting right next to the office parking lot.

i didn't feel safe at all being that close. had i been sober, i would have been more wary.

a giant goose took after me not along ago when i came upon it's nest on the tracks in an abandoned rail siding. with her wings extended and scowling, eyeball to eyeball, i had no idea what to do. when in doubt, HAUL ASS.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Wonderful photos. Are you really highly skillful or do you have an excellent camera, or both?

I usually chase geese off by hissing and stomping after them.

thx. for the kind words. ...no skill here. they were shot with a 5 yr. old nikon point and shoot i picked up in 09 from a pawnshop. the light and bird just happened perfect.

what i can do in photography is to know my cameras and what they will and won't do.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Don't have those birds here, but I have been dive-bombed by both blue jays & mockingbirds for not realizing where their nests were. My bad, SORRY!

As far as geese go, don't fuck with a goose. A goose don't play. Ducks you can mess with. Not geese.