randy travis charged with DUI

"Country music got better for a little while, I think, when he was on top. I don't bother to listen anymore. "

ditto here

That's pretty much where I'm at, too. Early on, it seemed like he was part of a back-to-basics movement in country. Now however, country is...well I don't know what the fuck it is.

"Country music got better for a little while, I think, when he was on top. I don't bother to listen anymore. "

ditto here

That's pretty much where I'm at, too. Early on, it seemed like he was part of a back-to-basics movement in country. Now however, country is...well I don't know what the fuck it is.

Dead silence is a hell of alot more appealing.

alt-country is pretty much the closest thing to "real" country music these days. the country stuff that is really popular is just pop music sang with a southern drawl. if you think country sucks go listen to some son volt, drive-by truckers, jason isbell, lucero, ryan bingham, justin townes earle, ryan adams, wilco, etc...

When I want to hear country,. I dig out my Ernest Tubb, my Marty Robbins. Don Williams, Dwight Yoakum and a few others.

This new stuff is just cookie cutter, formulaic. what works before will work now shit. And most of the hits are all written by the same selct few. And a lot of the time, the band members are interchangeable on the hit CDs...same cats working with different big names.

Boring

When I want to hear country,. I dig out my Ernest Tubb, my Marty Robbins. Don Williams, Dwight Yoakum and a few others.

This new stuff is just cookie cutter, formulaic. what works before will work now shit. And most of the hits are all written by the same selct few. And a lot of the time, the band members are interchangeable on the hit CDs...same cats working with different big names.

Boring

"When I want to hear country,. I dig out my Ernest Tubb, my Marty Robbins. Don Williams, Dwight Yoakum and a few others."

amen, brother douxy.

a few years ago, i listened as a successful nashville country pop song writer listed the criteria for the very specific demographics, words, and types of music the producer-artist types wanted. that stuff is as bland as common beer.

it is like using a recipe, sausage grinder, and canned ingredients to make sausage.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

• 2 weeks later...

If a man comes to my neighborhood to go to church naked, and then goes to the Valero to hit his girlfriend's boyfriend and then comes to my house to buy a pack of cigarettes, so long as he's not naked in front of my wife or daughter, I'm just gonna look the other way, even if it is Randy Travis.

Why? Because I've had the same courtesy extended to me by lesser men that Randy Travis. A man don't forget shit like that.