Bix on Sunbeam

clandy44

Details for this material are here:

http://www.originjazz.com/

Yes, all the Bix material in the Mosaic will be also in the Sunbeam/Bix Restored volumes; these 12 cds have it ALL.

The sound is EXCELLENT. The notes are good to very good. This is the way I went with the material after other methods were started. . . . I treasure all four of my three cd volumes.

I, too, have all four volumes, and I think it's one of the best re-issue jobs out there. The music is great -- of course, who doesn't like Bix. However, be aware that there are many cuts where Bix is only part of the mix, where he doesn't solo. Also, the music of Paul Whiteman is a major part of the set. Whiteman, as I always say, is an aquired taste, and some can never aquire it. Sometime I can handle it, sometimes not, but Lon's advice of buying volume one is good; that has a ton of great music, and some very bad music also, but if you really get into Bix, that's what you'll be getting throughout his career. (Nice run-on sentence there, Matthew :o )

If I'm correct, the most significant overlap between the Mosaic and the Sunbeam occurs on Volume 2 of the Sunbeam--is that right?

I have 3 and 4 and love 'em (in addition to the Mosaic). Hoping to get 1 & 2 eventually, but I'm a Bix-o-phile, so... I won't mind the overlap. The Mosaic also includes a lot of Frankie Trumbauer and Jack Teagarden, a plus for me, but something else to consider if your primary focus is Bix.