Now reading...

I am just about to start "Deus Irae" by Dick and Zelazny, a PKD novel I'd never gotten to, so I am looking forward to it. Last January, I started reading PKD’s novels chronologically, and, including this one, I have only five to go. I am stoked to get to “Radio Free Albemuth” and the "VALIS" trilogy—good grief, talk about going on top of your game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Through the Safety Net by Charles Baxter

He is an author of short stories nd poetry (much better short stories, however). Many of his stories are a bit depressing. He is probably best known for the Saul and Patsy stories. Saul is a Jew; Patsy is not. They relocate to rural Michigan and try to make a new life. The first in the series is in this book, which is why I started here.

I'm about to start Checkpoint by Nicholas Baker about a man's desire to assassinate George W. I'll probably move any discussion about this book to the Politics thread.

kowon.jpg

Tzara was not a poet. He was a clever businessman and a thief. Go read Walter Serner if you're in for the original! Tzara translated full paragraphs and sentences into French for his Dada-manifestos that Serner wrote in German. But then Tzara was the quizzical darling of everybody... and Serner the most obscure of them all.