Now reading...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still reading Armesto's "Civilizations" (with bits and pieces of other books in between). . . . I'm sort of stretching it out, not wanting it to end.

Earlier I was studying this label as the second cup was dripping slowly. . . . This is the beverage I most enjoy in this life.

rutamayasmall2.JPG

Hilarious!

every time it occurs to me to look for this, whatever shop i'm in at the time doesn't have any.

O'Brien is fantastic!

I read The Third Policeman a couple of months ago and thought that was particularly good.

I am currently reading Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London.

• 3 weeks later...

Orhan Pamuk: Istanbul

How is this? I've heard it's quite good ...

Pamuk is an excellent writer.

Istanbul is well written.

I also like his novel, Snow.

Haven't read the book, but it's on "the list"...

Not sure you are aware, but Pamuk is facing a trial for putting down his country (in an interview - or rather a series of four weekly interviews, I think - done with a swiss weekend magazine... pretty tough that this happens in a country that wants to become part of EU - but it may end up being a good thing, since it hopefully forces the Turkey to finally discuss its own past and history... (not to speak of the present...)

S l o w l y reading "The Constitution Of Liberty", by Friedrich A. Hayek. Highly informative, fascinating, scholarly, a thought-provoking little sucker. It demands close and concentrated attention. But then again, so does Trane's "Interstellar Space" and most good women...

For fun and games, am also reading "Jaco", by Bill Milkowski.

Currently listening to the fan and the neighbor's cat clawing my sofa...

Edited by ben*diks

I am currently reading Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London.

There's a bohemian classic for you... and one that gets overshadowed by Orwell's other books.

Finally finished The Magnificent Ambersons and am giving Conrad's The Secret Agent another go. Also perusing Gene Lees' Arranging the Score.

Ah The Secret Agent. .. not an easy read but a good one.  Haven't read that in so long!

Rereading "A Scanner Darkly" by Philip K. Dick.  Got to thinking about the upcoming movie.  Hope it isn't truly abominable.

Are you hearing bad advance notices? I like Linklater a lot... hope he does a good job with it.