Upcoming Uptown Records releases

JETman

On 14/12/2018 at 7:05 AM, Stonewall15 said:

Got mine today. Lots of duplication with previously issued Fresh Sound Records "Dodo's Bounce" (FSCD1019) and Lonehill Jazz "Complete Studio Recordings" (LHJ10119). I have not done a complete audit- I hope to find some unique cuts. Very nice booklet.

Same here Dan, looks like I've already got over 80% of the material - I think I'll still get it though due to the likely improved SQ

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My copy arrived today. Safely packaged (thanks!!), and the postal services did their job.
Though i have almost all the Atomics and all the Downbeats it's still a welcome addition and I am looking forward to listening to it.

On 16.12.2018 at 7:25 PM, Stonewall15 said:

For sure the last 2 cuts on disc 2 are unique. They are from a Lighthouse Allstars session.

So are the first 12 tracks on disc 1. This is new material as well, as far as I can see.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, bertrand said:

I need a favor from anyone who got this CD. Does the booklet give any sort of contact info for Uptown/David Sunenblick?

Thanks!

Bertrand.

Closest I can give you is Tommy of Tommy's jazz.

tommy@tommysjazz.com

tommysjazz@gmail.com

He told me that he spoke with the good doctor on a weekly basis and I think he keeps up contact with David.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I have no inside info.  There are a few titles I've been watching on Amazon.  One is arriving tomorrow (Jeri Southern).  The titles have gone in and out of stock, but they do seem to be regularly restocked.  Jazz Messengers sent a promotional email on April 2 that said the following; perhaps they know something we don't?

RECOMMENDED!!
With the passing of Bob Sunenblick in 2018, the jazz world lost one of the best ‘detectives’ it had. Mr. Sunenblick catalogue in Uptown Records contains a vast array of rare treasures by some of the giants of the music as well as some of the more unsung heroes. It is truly a collector’s heaven and with the passing of time, these will become harder and harder to find!!! Grab them now!!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, AaronG said:

Anyone have a recommendation on where to get Uptown releases (besides Amazon)?

tommysjazz@gmail.com

He was friends with the guy who ran the label and remains friends with the son who may or may not issue more. Can't say what his fill rate would be but if anyone can find copies its Tom.