Upcoming Uptown Records releases

JETman

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that photo, this is Grant Green. (Also, I have no doubt that Uptown would not use this photo if it weren't).

A Strat then and now is less expensive for an up and coming musician to purchase than the guitars Green was later using.

Edited by jazzbo

Well, is that REALLY Grant Green on the cover?

Will get this.

MG

I think it is. I found a reference which indicated that a photograph appears in the biography showing Green in the 1950s with a strat as part of an R&B band.

OK, I checked and the identical photos IS in the GG bio, with a credit for a gig at the Holy Barbarian. Graf is mentioned as 'Bobby Graff'.

The mustachio fooled me. I was SURE that he was photographed as clean shaven on the back of Jimmy Forrest's 'All the gin is gone', which was also '59. But I looked out the LP copy and there he is, with a tash. He doesn't seem to be playing the Stratocaster in that photo, but it wasn't the instrument he was photographed with on the sleeve of 'First session', either.

MG

• 4 weeks later...

Rather off topic, but has anyone here ever had any experience ordering from Uptown Records directly? I placed an order with them about three weeks ago, and never heard anything from them again. No confirmation of order, no shipping notification, etc. Last week I emailed them to try to find out what was going on and there's been no response. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

17 days to go!

51h1ELGSiXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Rather off topic, but has anyone here ever had any experience ordering from Uptown Records directly? I placed an order with them about three weeks ago, and never heard anything from them again. No confirmation of order, no shipping notification, etc. Last week I emailed them to try to find out what was going on and there's been no response. Any help would be appreciated.

I hope they haven't gone out of business before they release the Holy Barbarian :g

17 days to go!

51h1ELGSiXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hope they haven't gone out of business before they release the Holy Barbarian :g

Where's the smiley for a guy having a heart attack?

MG

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this automated email from local seller...

As stated in the listing, the estimated delivery time is 4 - 8 business days after payment has cleared. This allows us to transfer stock from the different warehouses holding our stock. As you might have seen, we offer over 320,000 different titles and as such we use multiple warehouses in different states.

Your purchase will get on our late-week warehouse transfer to us to be packed, which means it will be posted to you on Monday. This still leaves plenty of time for Australia Post to get your purchase to you within the listed time. Please let us know if there are any issues though :)

I guess it's on it's way from the US. :D