blue note launches spotify app

alocispepraluger102

Yeah, condom machines on the wall, Facebook pisso n the floor, pimps & dealers hanging around looking for suckers, er... business, wide-eyed innocents all impressed by how "exciting" it all is...it's exactly like going to the bathroom in a club.

Except that once you finish your business and navigate your way back out, there,s not a band playing. It's just some internet radio application.

deana_carter-did_i_shave_my_legs_for_this_%5B1995%5D_a.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already tired of condom commercials interrupting my jazz listening.

It's like going to the bathroom at a club!

$10 a month to lose the commercials. I'd rather put that toward adding to my collection and not sink $120/year and walk away with nothing. And, if $10/month is the introductory rate, eventually it will rise up in cost just like an eMusic membership. They'll make it $25/month and start limiting the number of listening minutes. There will be extra charges for "lightning fast, guaranteed streams" and other bullshit. No thanks. I'll take my guaranteed commercial free iPod, loaded with tracks off MY compact discs and vinyl.

$10 a month to lose the commercials. I'd rather put that toward adding to my collection and not sink $120/year and walk away with nothing. And, if $10/month is the introductory rate, eventually it will rise up in cost just like an eMusic membership. They'll make it $25/month and start limiting the number of listening minutes. There will be extra charges for "lightning fast, guaranteed streams" and other bullshit. No thanks. I'll take my guaranteed commercial free iPod, loaded with tracks off MY compact discs and vinyl.

Right on! There's also no guarantee the albums you want, listen to on a frequent basis will always be there with these services. Also, there are albums with missing tracks, so for whatever reason they had trouble getting the rights to full albums there are only 1 or 2 cuts.

Edited by CJ Shearn

Prices have come down on these services, even as stream bitrates (and therefore, sound quality) have gone up. Rhapsody used to charge $14.99/month, only for desktop use. Rdio charges $4.99 for the same. $9.99 for download access and streaming on a mobile device. The catalog keeps growing, too.

Amazed to see that there are at least a couple of Mosaics on there (I've noticed the Farmer/Golson and the Gerald Wilson !)

I listed some here though it's not complete:

http://open.spotify....0hYshc4mo5M8MRo

Thanks David! That's terrific! How do I "bookmark" your list while I'm at spotify?

I *think* you right click on the title at the top of the page and select 'subscribe'. I think.

Great! Now will spotify notify me when you add to it?

It occurs to me that maybe some of the early Mosaics might be on spotify, like the Monks and the Mulligan and the Bakers.

I don't think they notify you. It's recent sets I think - the mostly Universal-owned ones that they have ready to goi digitally. They missed off disc 7 of the Rich!

David, I received an email today which said that you had added Hank's Pranks and 120 other tracks. So I clicked on the button, and it took me to your playlist where I saw that you had added Hank Mobley and Elvin Jones.

Ah! Good! Thanks for letting me know. For some reason I hadn't listed those before - so now we've tested the system...

• 4 weeks later...