Dedicated - new organissimo CD

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys. We cover international shipping.

We're stalling. Hoping more people can get on board. If we don't reach the goal, we don't get any of the money (Kickstarter doesn't charge you until the end date and only if the goal is reached). Which means the project won't happen.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1364188191/dedicated-the-new-cd-from-organissimo

We're stalling. Hoping more people can get on board. If we don't reach the goal, we don't get any of the money (Kickstarter doesn't charge you until the end date and only if the goal is reached). Which means the project won't happen.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1364188191/dedicated-the-new-cd-from-organissimo

I think eventually Kickstarter will fail due to this. There are already competing sites that aren't so strict and you get the funds even if you don't quite cross the finish line. Indiegogo is probably the best of this bunch.

Wow...I hope you reach it.. If you don't, is there a way of getting the other cds? (I did the $50 box set deal.)

http://www.kickstart...rom-organissimo

I weighed using Indigogo instead of Kickstarter. I read a lot of comparisons. The thing I did not like about Indigogo is that there is no approval system for projects and also no system for people who pledge to complain if their pledge is not fulfilled. I'm not saying that affects my project, but I didn't think it would be good to be associated with a website where you can literally crowd-source anything and everything with no oversight.

I also thought the idea of a set time limit and an all-or-nothing goal would entice people to pledge. Perhaps I was wrong on that one.

I posted an update today which tried to convey a sense of urgency. I also want people to know that this CD is not something that only exists in our minds. The tracks are recorded. It is almost mixed; I've done all the pre-mixing myself, we just need to take it to the immensely talented Glenn Brown to refine and master. So many Kickstarter music projects are basically "give us money, then we'll record". That's not the case here. The record is done. It's ready to go for the most part. But I will not spend the money on a professional mixing / mastering situation (which is expensive) unless we have the money in hand because I simply cannot afford it. In other words, if we don't hit the goal, this record will not come out. I don't want to do things half-assed and sacrifice audio quality and the quality of the packaging.

No, you cannot change the length of the project nor the goal after it is started.

It should also be noted that your credit card is not charged until the project has ended and the goal is reached. So if you don't have the money right now, but will have it in two weeks, you can pledge now.