2013 Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced

rostasi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush, Deep Purple, and Joan Jett are the ones I like to see get in. Heart is such a crappy group, I can't even.....

I can't believe Rush aren't already in the Hall. They should be...

And hey, as much as I love Public Enemy and Kraftwerk (and even, dare I say it, NWA), I still can't wrap my head around them being eligible for the "Rock 'n Roll" Hall of Fame. Ah well... not my gig, not my rules.

And hey, as much as I love Public Enemy and Kraftwerk (and even, dare I say it, NWA), I still can't wrap my head around them being eligible for the "Rock 'n Roll" Hall of Fame. Ah well... not my gig, not my rules.

Hey, The Man gonna own everything eventually, or at least die trying.

Nevertheless...

and even

I can't imagine a more deserving bunch than the Butterfield Band. The blurb underneath their picture talks about all the old blues players that the band helped recognize, but they were way more than that. East/West is one of my all-time top 5 albums. Give a nod to the title track and Work Song if you haven't listened to either on for awhile and you'll surely see that there's a lot more going on here than just the blues.

With all due respect to all the Joan Jett fans out there, that's about the last band I can think of that belongs in the HOF. What did they ever do besides I Love Rock 'n Roll? A one trick, one dimensional pony if ever there was one, and not a very good one at that.

One trick, one dimensional ponies are the backbone of "Rock 'n' Roll".

You don't build an Industry on subtly and complexity. You build it on Image. If you create an indelible image, you win at "Rock 'n' Roll". Especially if you lose at life.

Joan Jett would have been in there years ago if she'd have fucked up her life.

OTOH, you don't see Cherie Currie in no RNRHOF. Go figure that. Or do they wait until she dies before The Runaways make it?

When do we get to Lita Ford? Now there's a Rocker!