Vince Wallace - RIP

BeBop

Standing by. Sent an email to a friend in SF. He should know...soon.

My friend replies:

I hadn't heard that, although word spreads so quickly now of anyone's death. I had just heard a few days ago that Vince was still alive, but I would assume that this KCSM report is true. Vince has been on his deathbed for some time now. He's had multiple severe physical problems, has been unable to play for many months and could barely play for months before that. I had heard that he suffered from some dementia, but somehow maintained a rather positive disposition.

I'll forward any information I get.

Edited by flat5

My friend forwarded an email:

> Yes, I'm sorry to say Vince passed on Wednesday. (it finally hit me on Friday)

> I got the email from Heide Pilc. (Vince's girlfriend)

> Unfortunately we we're too late, Heide emailed me on Tuesday that he went in the ICU because of a bladder infection,

> he was also on a respirator and he never came out of unconsciousness.

> Before Vince went into the ICU, Roni and I had planned to stop by and see him on Thursday.

>

> Chris Amberger dedicated his gig to Vince on Friday at Cafe Van Kleef.

> I spoke w/ Randy Moore who tried to stop by Cafe Van Kleef, but he said there was no parking, too many festivities/people etc., he didn't go in.

> We hope there will be some kind of memorial jam session - I can't imagine there wouldn't be.

> Maybe tomorrow there will be an obituary...

>

> That's all I know right now.