John Tchicai, RIP

clifford_thornton

I just want to point out there hasn't been anything officially released saying he died. Not even on his official homepage. This thread is literally the only place you can find that says he died at this point. He might have actually died.....but maybe it's me, but shouldn't people at least wait until something like this is officially announced before starting one of these?

Edited by Blue Train

While I am going to have to take your word about that. Once again. Don't you think it's proper and respectful to all those involved (like his family at the very least) to wait until it's officially announced....instead of just starting a thread like this is TMZ...and you have to beat everyone else to the story?

Edited by Blue Train

John was an old friend of mine, a great person to be with. We met many, many years ago, when he was new to this country and working as a chef at the Copenhagen Restaurant in midtown Manhattan. I took to John as a person before I took to his music, but that changed as I developed an interest in the NY Art Quartet.

I just want to point out there hasn't been anything officially released saying he died. Not even on his official homepage. This thread is literally the only place you can find that says he died at this point. He might have actually died.....but maybe it's me, but shouldn't people at least wait until something like this is officially announced before starting one of these?

The Danish press confirms John's passing.

Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP.

In the long time Mr. Thornton has been on this board he has proven to be a trusted and accurate resource and not given to acts of sensationalistic opportunism. Thanks for the info, Clifford.

BTW, what is the correct pronunciation of "Tchicai"?

Edited by Free For All