Django Reinhardt Early Recordings Box Set Bargain

Classic Early Recordings in Chronogical Order [box set, Original recording reissued] Django Reinhardt

The i-deals price on this 5 disc set dropped from $23 to $1. Obviously, this won't last.

I'll try posting the link, but if this does not work look for the i-deals vendor in Amazon marketplace.

The link --

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004S5WA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3DJR8M9Y3OUPG

Bob

Edited by rwhillman

Right, but that is because the seller (i-deals) is no longer listed as a seller, suggesting they have no more (they were listing multiple copies) or they were listing the wrong set. I put in a order and received a confirm showing a $1 price. I'll be surprised if they ever ship it. That's fine if it was a mistake, which probably is the case.

Bob

Right, but that is because the seller (i-deals) is no longer listed as a seller, suggesting they have no more (they were listing multiple copies) or they were listing the wrong set. I put in a order and received a confirm showing a $1 price. I'll be surprised if they ever ship it. That's fine if it was a mistake, which probably is the case.

Bob

Me too. Though I paid $2.98 for shipping.

Bob

Me too. Though I paid $2.98 for shipping.

Yes, shipping plus $1 = $3.98. My guess is that in a couple of days we will get an email saying the order has been cancelled.

Bob

Joe, I use the camels. http://camelcamelcamel.com/ is a website that keeps track of the many items sold by the various Amazon websites. Typically, you can see what the price has been over the past year or more for Amazon, its Marketplace Sellers, and its Marketplace "used" Sellers.

I typically inform the camels that I would be interested in a book (or CD or DVD) when its price reaches the point of 25 cents higher than its lowest price of the past year. When that happens, the camels emails me, and I then often buy the book.

I believe that the camels receives money from Amazon when orders are placed when going through the camels' click-through button.

Book prices at Amazon fluctuate frequently, and I typically save $2-4 dollars per book.

I received seven notices from the camels overnight that items I wanted were at an all-time low price, and all seven were gone when I went to Amazon this morning.

I mention this because I might normally get two notices per week. so getting seven overnight suggests to me that something is up, and maybe something was wrong with Amazon's computers.

Bob

What I meant by a bug is that when I looked at it, on the front page it still said there were sellers at $1, but when you looked at the sellers, they were all over $23.

Bob, I can imagine that others have beat me to the punch. But this experience of having over two dozen in two nights with only one panning out is unprecedented in my experience.

I think we are saying the same thing. For two nights, there was a window open for a couple of hours, then it closed in a couple of steps. For a while, you could actually place an order at the discounted price. Then, Amazon would show it was still available, but if you clicked on the seller you got nothing.

You are skeptical, as am I. Amazon shows my order as accepted and awaiting shipment, but I don't expect to ever see it. One way or another, I'll update.

Bob

Also received a "shipped" notice on the $8 "Complete Columbia Studio Albums 55-66 Brubeck Quartet" 19-cd set. No tracking yet, but this is certainly intriguing.

Best of luck with that. But do beware that sellers often sell partials of box sets without warning. But seeing as how this is individual albums, it seems more likely you're in the clear!