tonight at small's

Tonight starts our triple-header SmallsLIVE recording sessions/ performances starting at 6:30pm with Peter Bernstein (solo guitar), following is The Rodney Green Group at 9pm and our 'Round Midnite' Session with the Smalls Sextet f. Frank Lacy, Theo Hill, Josh Evans, Stacy Dillard, Rashaan Carter and Kush Abadey ! Come experience these records in the making!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight! We are kicking off our FIRST NIGHT with power featuring The Dwayne Clemons Quintet starting at 7:30pm - The Steve Davis Quintet at 10:15pm and our after-hours session with Brooklyn Circle f. Stacy Dillard

THE ENTIRE NIGHT WILL BE STREAMED LIVE and for FREE. You can log on to our site, smallsjazzclub.com and click on LIVE VIDEO !

We want to thank everyone for being patient with us during this past week. We appreciate all of our patrons and video subscribers. Whoever purchased a pass in the last week will get your pass renewed for free. Thank you again and enjoy tonight's show!

• 2 weeks later...

Joe Sanders - Bass

John Ellis - Tenor Sax

Aaron Parks - Piano

Eric Harland - Drums

this is the most beautiful, spirited, challenging, music and group i've heard in at least 5 years. to my ears, they have no current equals. this music has folks screaming.

tonight, live at smalls---one more set coming up.....http://www.smallsjazzclub.com/indexnew.cfm

Tonight, currently listening to Melissa Aldana on tenor, Gordan Au on trumpet, Joseph LePore on bass, and Francisco Mela on drums. Sounding real nice.

i enjoyed this immensely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that was real good. Her new CD should arrive in the mail any day.

Tonight, currently listening to Melissa Aldana on tenor, Gordan Au on trumpet, Joseph LePore on bass, and Francisco Mela on drums. Sounding real nice.

that young lady has advanced light years in months.

Her tenor sound in person is really gorgeous.

That cadenza/intro to the Monk piece in the second set was amazing. From one prior experience at Smalls, I can say that her tenor sound in person is really gorgeous. Last time I was in New York in October, I was extremely disappointed that she was out of the country.