Leo Records Sale

Д.Д.

I really want Sad Life, with Ivo Perelman, William Parker and Rashied Ali. Alas, it seems like the warehouse hasn't yielded a box of these in a while!

Sad Life is listed as "Sold Out" on the Leo site. Check out this link:

http://www.leorecords.com/?m=catalogue&price=Z

I was surprised to find some of these "sold out." Or put another way, surprised how many titles were sold out. I got my Sad Life some years ago; can't recall where I got my copy.

It's been sold out for years. Not easy to find although I doubt it would be expensive on the secondhand market. Live, on Zero In, is also pretty sick.

I got mine for $20ish about 6 months ago at auction. Was considering the amazon cd-r but I'm glad I held out. Awesome stuff.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want Sad Life, with Ivo Perelman, William Parker and Rashied Ali. Alas, it seems like the warehouse hasn't yielded a box of these in a while!

Sad Life is listed as "Sold Out" on the Leo site. Check out this link:

http://www.leorecords.com/?m=catalogue&price=Z

I was surprised to find some of these "sold out." Or put another way, surprised how many titles were sold out. I got my Sad Life some years ago; can't recall where I got my copy.

It's been sold out for years. Not easy to find although I doubt it would be expensive on the secondhand market. Live, on Zero In, is also pretty sick.. Very rough recording. Sad Life is burning with Ali the primal force that he was on a good day - it was a good day

• 1 month later...

Just got my annual order in. Sale ends tomorrow for those who are interested.

I clicked 'send' on PayPal, and received the message 'Your payment is being held due to regulations'. Odd!

Anyways, didn't find 30+ discs again (shipping for each four CDs is 7.45 GBP) but came away with 16 nice picks:

CD LR 163 Sakis Papadimitriou; Piano Oracles
CD LR 172 Petras Vysniauskas; Viennese Concert;
CD LR 181 Sofia Gubaidulina, etc.; Astreja; Music from Davos;
CD LR 187 Ned Rothenberg; The Crux;
CD LR 195 Marilyn Crispell; For Coltrane;
CD LR 218 Vladimir Rezitsky; Hot Sounds from the Arctic;
CD LR 246 Sakis Papadimitriou / Lefteris Agouridakis; Plus and Minus;
CD LR 265 Stefano Maltese Open Sound Ensemble; Living Alive;
CD LR 295 Dominic Duval / Joe Mcphee / John Heward; Undersound;
CD LR 364 The Wally Shoup Trio; Fusillades & Lamentations;
CD LR 392 Fabio Martini; Intrio;
CD LR 399 Shoup / Makihara / Arnold; Confluxus;
CD LR 409 Achim Kaufmann; Knives;
CD LR 412 Wally Shoup Trio; Blue Purge;
CD LR 522 Joelle Leandre / Aksh S.; Kor;
CD LR 535 Joelle Leandre and William Parker; Live at Dunois

• 2 weeks later...

I can score the whole Golden years Soviet jazz series for about 130 loonies plus taxes , should I stay or should i go ?

I have all four and I really enjoy them. Lots of great music. The series was a bit of a shelf-clearing exercise, so there are some average discs, but the Homo Liber, Chekasin, Orkestrion, Guyvoronsky/Volkov duo, Vysniauskas and Vapirov sides are great. Only Vol. IV, featuring scraps from Ganelin, Chekasin and Tarasov, is a bit disappointing, but then again I wouldn't want to be without Chekasin's manic masterpiece Anti Show.

Really digging the three 2003 Braxton Standards sets (12 discs in all & over 14 hours of music)

Kevin O'Neil -> wow!! what guitar work

The Kandinsky cover art (all 3 sets) is the icing on the cake for me.

:tup I only have one of the sets (the 23 Standards one) but it was pretty much the soundtrack to my life for about a week leading up to Christmas... just what i needed.

Tempting indeed.

Not Leo but CIMP, but earlier I went for the two CDs of mostly Andrew Hill compositions (and one Wayne Shorter and George Coleman each) by this band. Ten Compositions (quartet) 2000 CIMP #225 and Nine Compositions (Hill) 2000 CIMP #236. Highly recommended.

erwbol, thanks for the recommendation - wasn't even aware of these recordings

just ordered the 2 CIMP's from Cadence (Klompfoot)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...