MLB Hot Stove League 2012-13

L.A. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said he asked the team last fall to pick up his contract option for next season, but the team refused.

New owners want to see what happens this year, probably get their own guy in there. I think I'm in the minority, but I've never been impressed with Danny Baseball as a manager, he's ruined Andre Ethier to my mind. Amazing how the whole "Mattingly played me when I was injured and never thought twice about it" thing was brushed under the carpet.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this was mentioned before, but who is the BoSox manager for this season?

John Farrell, their ex pitching coach.

Ummm, aren't you forgetting his time with the Blue Jays, the only managing experience he has? Or does only BoSox time count?

Not at all. I was just referring to the fact that he had been the BoSox ex-pitching coach. No slight intended.

Without checking: Are the two Uptons related?

Brothers.

I've always liked Justin Upton for some reason, think he as a ton of talent, good outfielder, I felt that the D'Backs asked him to do too much at the plate. Now in Atlanta, I see him having a great year. Braves are going to be a dangerous team.

Edited by Matthew

Braves get Justin Upton. I might be in the minority, but I really like J. Upton, has a high upside IMHO, and I think Atlanta will be good for his career. Braves now have a very nice outfield, J. Upton, BJ Upton, and Jason Heyward, very nice indeed.

And the Phillies get?? Delmon Young. Meh.

Think how much fun Delmon Young'll be when he's drunk and near a synagogue!

Brothers.

I've always liked Justin Upton for some reason, think he as a ton of talent, good outfielder, I felt that the D'Backs asked him to do too much at the plate. Now in Atlanta, I see him having a great year. Braves are going to be a dangerous team.

Meh.

How's the pitching?

Brothers.

Meh.

How's the pitching?

Probably one of the top 3 staffs, top to bottom, in baseball. Atlanta is stacked as are the Nats. The only thing that works in everyone else's favor is that one of those two teams is going to have to play a one game playoff. And we all remember what happened last year.

New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said on Friday that there is a chance Alex Rodriguez could miss the entire 2013 season after undergoing hip surgery. The Yankees currently plan on having Rodriguez back after the All-Star break.

I believe that, why else would ARod take freakin' forever to have the surgery? He must have know no matter when he had it, it was going to be a lost season.

New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said on Friday that there is a chance Alex Rodriguez could miss the entire 2013 season after undergoing hip surgery. The Yankees currently plan on having Rodriguez back after the All-Star break.

I believe that, why else would ARod take freakin' forever to have the surgery? He must have know no matter when he had it, it was going to be a lost season.

He waited to have the surgery in order to reduce his recovery time. By strengthening the area around the hip his recovery after surgery would be lessened. I saw a story about it in the NY Daily News and IIRC it has also been reported in other outlets.

He waited to have the surgery in order to reduce his recovery time. By strengthening the area around the hip his recovery after surgery would be lessened. I saw a story about it in the NY Daily News and IIRC it has also been reported in other outlets.

I never let facts get in the way of a good story.....

PS: Especially a good anti-ARod rant, which I haven't been able to do in awhile.

Edited by Matthew

A-Rod may still be a cheating POS

If its true don't you figure he can wave bye-bye to the Hall?

this should be no problem for the yanguis. they only owe him 25 million per for the next 5 years. it's unknown if the rangers are still paying a large portion of that................

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries/_/name/nyy/new-york-yankees

Edited by alocispepraluger102

I always believed he was still on PEDs. When you look at who is getting suspended for PED use, it's amazing how often the road leads back to people and doctors connected with ARod. I would love to see the Yankees try at some point to get his contract declared void.

Edited by Matthew

I always believed he was still on PEDs. When you look at who is getting suspended for PED use, it's amazing how often the road leads back to people and doctors connected with ARod. I would love to see the Yankees try at some point to get his contract declared void.

the indians voided carmona-hernandez contract. i can't think of other instances.