NBA 2012 -- 2013

I have watched Kobe for his whole career, so it's tough to see him go down. D'Antoni should have pulled him earlier in the game when it looked like he got hurt twice. Or rested him at some point over the last seven games. Kobe should know to rest, really. Can't play every minute of every game without risking injury.

The Lakers should amnesty him next season, if he has to sit out. Otherwise they'll be paying $30 million for nothing.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched Kobe for his whole career, so it's tough to see him go down. D'Antoni should have pulled him earlier in the game when it looked like he got hurt twice. Or rested him at some point over the last seven games. Kobe should know to rest, really. Can't play every minute of every game without risking injury.

That's what happens when D'Antoni is more concerned about his career than Kobe's.

The Lakers should amnesty him next season, if he has to sit out. Otherwise they'll be paying $30 million for nothing.

We'll trade you Bynum for him.

No. He is not speaking to Cavs. I bet he ends up in Seattle if the Kings move there to take a GM or consultant gig. The Return of Mike Brown remains the current likely outcome in Cleveland. Already sick of the speculation about how having him back affects the possibility of a LeBron return. Please, give it up already! Would be useful if Cav defense improved significantly (a Mike Brown specialty, looking at you Kyrie!), but I'd be comfortable with Part Deux only if he had a strong offensive-minded assistant on his staff. Something that didn't quite happen the first time around.

Lakers did make playoffs, so Cavs get to move up from #30 (Heat pick) to #19 (Laker pick) as part of the worthwhile Ramon Sessions trade.

I think it is ridiculous how everyone downplays the genius of Pat Riley. LeBron is going nowhere. Also Lakers are going nowhere, they are not even developing a viable replacement for Kobe. Kobe will not last forever just like everyone else. Right now, Kobe cannot accept a secondary role on the court; if he can't return and be the #1 guy, then he is through, he will come to realize the effects the injury will have on his health. and face it, the CLIPPERS ARE IN TOWN!! :-)

hey hey! Comon, don't tell me you cannot see the smile on Billy Crystal's face......:-)

I'd written off the Lakers for this season since before it began. Too many old defenders, not enough shooters, a weak bench, and the wrong coach twice.

The Heat will win this title running away after being mildly tested at most.

Ron Artest is out for what will be the Lakers final game this year, joining Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, and Jodie Meeks. Mercifully, this horrible torturous piece of crap season will come to an end on Sunday.

I know it's lame to blame the officials, but the Bulls have just gotten robbed in the 2OT with about 3 or 4 calls that didn't go their way, including Robinson getting mugged on the way to the basket and it being a non-shooting foul and then Noah pushed out of the way on a shot and not getting a call. Even if they somehow do win this game, I think Noah will be out of service next game. (They just went into triple overtime! And Noah fouled out, maybe out of self-preservation. :unsure: )

Oh what a Lakers novela! Howard shows zero class or intelligence in getting thrown out of the game, then Kobe comes out in crutches to a standing ovation! I don't think Superman is coming back, to which I say: Good riddance, the guy just doesn't put the time in to improve his game.

I'd like to see Howard in a Rockets uni. I think he could fit in well with Harden & Lin - maybe they replace Parsons or Asik with him.

Didn't seem like he ever complemented Gasol very well, and had a difficult time exerting dominance on the floor while Kobe was out there, too. Just didn't fit the Lakers very well.