NBA 2012 -- 2013

Sixers traded for Andrew (bad knee, but I am going to still bowl) Bynum who never played a game for them before he took his "services" to Cleveland (you can't make this up!)....hey, he at least had the Afro!

Sixers then traded Jrue Holiday in a trade with the Pelicans for a very one dimensional Nerlens Noel....who blew out his ACL in February of this year. He's now not expected to play anytime this season. His knee is so bad that even him waiting a year and playing in Feb. 2014, but still this season is too much.

Noel does have the Kid N' Play Hi-top fade.

Just how many millions for two players that haven't played a single game for the Sixers?

Edited by Blue Train

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard Doc Rivers is going to have the Lakers' Championship banners and retired player numbers covered when the Clippers play in Staples. What's he covering them with?.....Clippers' players who haven't won a single thing.

If he wasn't the HC of the Celtics would he have even thought of doing that to the Lakers?

P.S. Of course, without the original Big 3....would he even have lasted in Boston...never mind become HC of the Clippers....once he knew it was time to jump ship?

Edited by Blue Train

Sixers traded for Andrew (bad knee, but I am going to still bowl) Bynum who never played a game for them before he took his "services" to Cleveland (you can't make this up!)....hey, he at least had the Afro!

Sixers then traded Jrue Holiday in a trade with the Pelicans for a very one dimensional Nerlens Noel....who blew out his ACL in February of this year. He's now not expected to play anytime this season. His knee is so bad that even him waiting a year and playing in Feb. 2014, but still this season is too much.

Just how many millions for two players that haven't played a single game for the Sixers?

Bynum's contract was covered by insurance so the Sixers didn't pay him a dime. Noel is signed to the standard NBA rookie contract so they are actually saving money by drafting him and trading Holiday. The Bynum trade was horrible and I and many other Phillly sports fans said so from the moment it was announced. I liked the idea of trading away Holiday(Sixers were going to be a perennial "bubble" team with him which is the kiss of death in the NBA. Plus Holiday has big contract which would have hampered their rebuilding efforts. He's a very good player but not someone you would build around.) but for Noel?? Yes, his knee gives me pause but his lack of an O game worries me too. The kid is RAW. They should have passed on him.

I think the Sixers have a legit shot at bettering their NBA season record of 9-73. I think winning even 6 games is a stretch for this team. Sad.

Bynum's contract was covered by insurance so the Sixers didn't pay him a dime. Noel is signed to the standard NBA rookie contract so they are actually saving money by drafting him and trading Holiday. The Bynum trade was horrible and I and many other Phillly sports fans said so from the moment it was announced. I liked the idea of trading away Holiday(Sixers were going to be a perennial "bubble" team with him which is the kiss of death in the NBA. Plus Holiday has big contract which would have hampered their rebuilding efforts. He's a very good player but not someone you would build around.) but for Noel?? Yes, his knee gives me pause but his lack of an O game worries me too. The kid is RAW. They should have passed on him.

I think the Sixers have a legit shot at bettering their NBA season record of 9-73. I think winning even 6 games is a stretch for this team. Sad.

1. I know it was insured. All the contracts are insured to cover things like that. It's still a waste of millions....

Yes, Noel is cheaper and you can't teach height but he's completely one dimensional....and his knee injury is so bad it will be 20 months after his initial injury by the time he plays....which hurts his development even more.

It really comes across as a pick to make sure they have a better hope of landing Wiggins in the whole Tank for Wiggins that several teams will be doing.

2. Mark Cuban is in fine form. Just fired the GM he just hired 3 months ago.

Edited by Blue Train

I was looking up NBA payrolls to see if the Sixers met the cap payroll minimum. I found the Celetics have $21.8 million & Lakers have $16.4 million in dead money to players...some of whom haven't played in a decade, or longer. I didn't realize the deferred stuff were considered part of the Cap hit.

The Sixers are way under the minimum by $12 million, but not sure how up-to-date. As I understand the rules. They still get charged the minimum, and the difference is divided between those on the team as decided by the NBAPA.

They rather have $12 million, or whatever it ends up being divided between the team then spend it just to make the minimum needed on players that can help them win games. If that doesn't tell you that they're tanking the season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/LAL.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/PHI.html

Edited by Blue Train

I was looking up NBA payrolls to see if the Sixers met the cap payroll minimum. I found the Celetics have $21.8 million & Lakers have $16.4 million in dead money to players...some of whom haven't played in a decade, or longer. I didn't realize the deferred stuff were considered part of the Cap hit.

The Sixers are way under the minimum by $12 million, but not sure how up-to-date. As I understand the rules. They still get charged the minimum, and the difference is divided between those on the team as decided by the NBAPA.

They rather have $12 million, or whatever it ends up being divided between the team then spend it just to make the minimum needed on players that can help them win games. If that doesn't tell you that they're tanking the season.

they better lose against the Heat next time if they wanna tank.

ps Carter Williams is alredy listed as rookie of the year candidate #1!

M. Carter-Williams G 36:10 6-10 4-6 6-8 +12 0 7 7 12 1 9 1 0 0 22 Edited by uli

they better lose against the Heat next time if they wanna tank.

ps Carter Williams is alredy listed as rookie of the year candidate #1!

M. Carter-Williams G 36:10 6-10 4-6 6-8 +12 0 7 7 12 1 9 1 0 0 22

Helps that they sat out Wade to rest his knee. Only the second game of the season and his knee is already an issue. They might have to sit him on back to back games the rest of the season. Not sure why LeBron will won't to come back next year.