NBA 2012 -- 2013

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i liken the nba to one notch above wwe. indiana cannot win game 7. hibbert will have 2 fouls, and perhaps a tech, ruled on him the first 30 seconds of game 7.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9330727

Mookie Blaylock involved in a serious car accident

mookie had a medical condition that caused him to suffer blackouts. he shouldn't have ever been driving.

---------------

Vegas Gambling Stream tweets that boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. has bet $5.9 million on the seven-point favorite Miami Heat to defeat the Indiana Pacers in tonight's Game 7.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Not sure anyone else (ever) could score 32, get his teammates going by running a gorgeous, high speed offense and totally shut down a player of Paul George's skills on D in a huge game 7?

Their athleticism aside, this team's fierce competitiveness is on another level from the rest of the league.

I can't make a reasonable prediction because I'm too emotionally involved. I love the way both teams play, but it means way too much to me that other hoop fans appreciate Lebron's genius like I do. And since I know there are still people looking for reasons not to, mostly because of the circus/fiasco about how he left Cleveland, I will take it very hard if the Heat loses and Lebron gets undue disrespect. Sick, I know.

I can't have the Big Fundamental & Shaq Diesel tied with 5 rings.......

You want to be a legend?

Win it back 2 back

Duncan ain't done it

LBJ has a great chance....

Actually Shaq & Duncan are tied with 4. Personally I'd love to see Duncan get 5 just to see him tied with Kobe. I'm sick of the ridiculous talk that if Kobe gets 6 he's as great or greater than Jordan, and by having Duncan tied with him it just blows the whole thing up. :lol: Btw, I respect Kobe's toughness and many parts of his game, but I just don't see him being the equal of Jordan. I think the whole counting rings as a measure of player greatness is silly, unless you'd really have Big Shot Bob on your team over Barkley, Jerry West, etc.

I'm sick of the "greatest ever" hyperbole with Jordan. Jordan's Bulls beat old, depleted teams and mediocre, unbalanced teams. It was a lull between Kareem and Shaq.

In fact, I'm sick of the individual being raised above the team. No basketball player wins anything alone. Not Jordan, or Kobe, or LeBron, or anybody.

I'm sick of the "greatest ever" hyperbole with Jordan. Jordan's Bulls beat old, depleted teams and mediocre, unbalanced teams. It was a lull between Kareem and Shaq.

In fact, I'm sick of the individual being raised above the team. No basketball player wins anything alone. Not Jordan, or Kobe, or LeBron, or anybody.

Bravo. This "titles mean everything" perspective with respect to superstars is just dumb. Jordan's 6 rings supposedly PROVE he is a more effective hooper than Oscar Robertson or Lebron, and yet nobody would claim that Derek Fisher is greater than John Stockton or Jason Kidd.

Jordan worshippers may never admit it, put put a Lebron on all of Jordan's rosters and vice versa, and we have a different story

. Lebron with (in various years) Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartright, Tony Kukoc, Rodman, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, etc....C'mon

Also, because of the way Lebron, Bosh and Wade came together and the focus on the Heat's "Big Three", Bosh and Wade have become overrated.

I would argue that every championship team that Magic, Jordan, Bird, Dr J, played on had a 2nd and 3d player combo BETTER than Bosh and Wade are THIS YEAR.

Howabout: Kareem and Worthy? Kareem and Byron Scott? Pippen and Rodman? Rodman and Ron Harper? Pippen and Cartwright? Parish and Mchale? Moses Malone and Maurice Cheeks?

Edited by steve(thelil)

I half agree. :P To get to the lull (10 years of LA sucking, so the league must not have been good :lol: ) they had to kill off the Bad Boys. You play who you have to play, and Seattle, Phoenix & Utah were all fine teams. Certainly as good if not better than the likes of the NJ Nets or that Orlando team the Lakers had to face. Or god, that Cleveland team the Spurs had to face? Sheeeeesh. I think the Bulls competition was just fine during the '90s thankyouverymuch.

I have no problem whatsoever with not thinking that Jordan is the greatest ever, I don't even necessarily think it myself. One player isn't going to do it and there are different jobs to be done on the court. What the hell would Jordan vs. Jabbar one-on-one look like anyway? It's silly.

And yes, ring counting is stupid. Plus some guys get so close, and fighting the good the fight is what sports is about. Malone & Stockton could easily have a ring each if you call a pushing off foul before "the last shot." And this is the sport with shakiest officiating too.